Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 08-08-2019, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Heat + Complete Plugin Bundle for all subscribers

So you want a freebie? Personally and with all due respects you poked into what I was saying... I was never talking about HD/Ultimate..... This is going nowhere I’m done..... you know they have a contact number on there website perhaps give them a ring ya might have already found out by now

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediJoker View Post
It seems like you're very purposefully misinterpreting my question. To put it in the most straightforward of terms...

Avid will be depositing licenses for HEAT into the accounts of all Pro Tools subscribers. Naturally, any subscriber using the latest version of Pro Tools—whether Ultimate or not—will be able to use HEAT. What is not clear is whether subscribers using older, legacy versions of Pro Tools that support HEAT—HD/Ultimate only until 2019.6, and both versions thereafter—will also be able to use HEAT with their newly-received license.
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 08-08-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
So you want a freebie?
Subscribers are already paying. Avid announced HEAT as an additional perk of being a subscriber. There's nothing "free" about it, unless you consider "at no additional charge" free.

27" iMac Retina 5K 4.0GHz Quad-Core i7 16GB RAM / macOS High Sierra v10.13.6 (17G14019) / RME Fireface UFX (Firmware v360/DSP v1.63/USB 2.0 Driver v3.19) / Pro Tools v12.8.3.178
Old 08-08-2019, 09:39 PM

Quote:
It seems like you're very purposefully misinterpreting my question. To put it in the most straightforward of terms...

Avid will be depositing licenses for HEAT into the accounts of all Pro Tools subscribers. Naturally, any subscriber using the latest version of Pro Tools—whether Ultimate or not—will be able to use HEAT. What is not clear is whether subscribers using older, legacy versions of Pro Tools that support HEAT—HD/Ultimate only until 2019.6, and both versions thereafter—will also be able to use HEAT with their newly-received license.

The HEAT license itself has always been a completely separate iLok license. Provided you are running a setup compatible with HEAT, I can't imagine the license not functioning just the same.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:54 PM

Quote:

Almost definitely no. If they didn't support the licenses back then they won't support it suddenly now. They aren't releasing modified version of 12.8.3 that will suddenly support it. That product is dead. The the access in 2019.6 Vanilla is the special bit. And if they do release a "special license" for HEAT to support Vanilla they would have to release special older versions of Pro Tools vanilla to support it which they aren't going to do.

No one is going to address this because it is a stupid ask. Avid is moving forward to get more customers on recent versions not backtracking.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
The HEAT license itself has always been a completely separate iLok license. Provided you are running a setup compatible with HEAT, I can't imagine the license not functioning just the same.
The current HEAT license will not work with 2019.6 Vanilla as it is now.

So the new license will have to have special clearance and the 2019.6 version of Vanilla will have to be able to respond to it. Or there will be a 2019.8 version to make it capable.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
The current HEAT license will not work with 2019.6 Vanilla as it is now.

So the new license will have to have special clearance and the 2019.6 version of Vanilla will have to be able to respond to it. Or there will be a 2019.8 version to make it capable.

Are you sure about that? I've read comments both here and on GS from people who seem to be running old Heat licenses with vanilla 2019.6 just fine - one of them mentioned the usual requirement to have both the Heat and Pro Tools license on the same ilok.

It is hard to imagine that Avid will somehow land on two separate types of license for the essentially the same Pro Tools extension.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Almost definitely no. If they didn't support the licenses back then they won't support it suddenly now. They aren't releasing modified version of 12.8.3 that will suddenly support it. That product is dead. The the access in 2019.6 Vanilla is the special bit. And if they do release a "special license" for HEAT to support Vanilla they would have to release special older versions of Pro Tools vanilla to support it which they aren't going to do.

No one is going to address this because it is a stupid ask. Avid is moving forward to get more customers on recent versions not backtracking.
That’s what I’ve been trying to get through.... not worth the energy bro
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 08-09-2019, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
That’s what I’ve been trying to get through.... not worth the energy bro
*Sigh*... Even after I spelled it out, you both think I'm asking a different question.

27" iMac Retina 5K 4.0GHz Quad-Core i7 16GB RAM / macOS High Sierra v10.13.6 (17G14019) / RME Fireface UFX (Firmware v360/DSP v1.63/USB 2.0 Driver v3.19) / Pro Tools v12.8.3.178
Old 08-09-2019, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
It is hard to imagine that Avid will somehow land on two separate types of license for the essentially the same Pro Tools extension.
Yea, the license is just the same as the original one.

What has changed in 2019.6 is the requirement that HEAT license and HD/Ultimate license are on the same iLok. This was just a thing waiting to happen since its introduction (in PT8.1 by the way, originally TDM-only)
Old 08-09-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Yea, the license is just the same as the original one.
Sure is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
What has changed in 2019.6 is the requirement that HEAT license and HD/Ultimate license are on the same iLok. This was just a thing waiting to happen since its introduction (in PT8.1 by the way, originally TDM-only)
I initially had no success getting my “old” HEAT license on one iLok to work with (“Vanilla”) Pro Tools 2019.6 on another iLok.
However, it does work if you install the latest iLok License Manager, deactivate then reactivate your “old” HEAT license in iLok License Manager, then synchronize your HEAT iLok.

Stoked & delighted - HEAT in Pro Tools 2019.6 - (6am here) - what a night!
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!