How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 05-11-2019, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Pages are not working correctly in PT Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
is it up to Eucon to adapt to this new type of track, or is it up to Apple to conform to the Eucon protocol?
I don't mean to answer for Eddie, but it has always been my understanding that EuCon is the "Standard", which AVID owns... and DAW developers design "EuCon adapters" to link functionality within each specific DAW based on AVID's EuCon standard.

Similar, is the way Steinberg owns the VST standard, and plugin developers design their plugins to work within the VST standard.

So, from a responsibility point of view... I would say Apple is dropping the ball as far as Logic is concerned, but a fair argument can be made that if AVID keeps changing the standard, then third party developers have to keep spending resources reinventing the wheel.

Quote:
If neither company budges, then we as the customer end up getting screwed, right?
You could do as I do, and also consider yourself as a major player in this "Game Of Thrones!"

You, as the "customer" are in control of your own purse strings, therefor it is incumbent upon you to look around to see which "Mad King" is most deserving of your financial support!

I have seen a lot more people report on this forum that Logic, and AVID have issues... more than any other third party DAW lately. Getting screwed is usually just a matter of perspective isn't it?

Al
Old 05-11-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoPro View Post
You, as the "customer" are in control of your own purse strings, therefor it is incumbent upon you to look around to see which "Mad King" is most deserving of your financial support!

I have seen a lot more people report on this forum that Logic, and AVID have issues... more than any other third party DAW lately. Getting screwed is usually just a matter of perspective isn't it?

Al
The reason I say that is that Eucon is the only protocol that has this level of deep controller integration with DAWs. Everything else is just Mackie control and the numerous clones. Avid has a monopoly, here. Not to mention, my large investment in their products. I have 3 MC mixes, a Dock, a transport, and even an MC control. I'd really like to see some old bugs fixed, and I've been asking for years..
Old 05-11-2019, 11:29 AM

Eddie, one thing that I don't understand.

Why is this an Apple bug if the same functionality works as expected on the other controllers? Buses 1-256 are displayed in the right order. It's only the PT control app that acts this way, which would imply that the right information is presented to Eucon?
Old 05-11-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I'd really like to see some old bugs fixed, and I've been asking for years..
Trust me my friend... I understand exactly where you're coming from! You, as did I... certainly bought into the tech in order to make our craft more usefully exciting!

But at times it seems these types of solutions become more aggravating than they're worth! I certainly didn't buy-in to the tech, to feel like i'm pushing the car uphill all the time.

All I'm trying to point out is there may be better implementations of the tech, and you might want to look at other DAW solutions, or controllers that help keep you excited, and not be such a distraction while working on your craft.

Remember... these are supposed to be tools to a means... just sayin'

Al
Old 05-11-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Trust me my friend... I understand exactly where you're coming from! You, as did I... certainly bought into the tech in order to make our craft more usefully exciting!

But at times it seems these types of solutions become more aggravating than they're worth! I certainly didn't buy-in to the tech, to feel like i'm pushing the car uphill all the time.

All I'm trying to point out is there may be better implementations of the tech, and you might want to look at other DAW solutions, or controllers that help keep you excited, and not be such a distraction while working on your craft.

Remember... these are supposed to be tools to a means... just sayin'

Al
Yep, I'm familiar with alternatives.. and they all have mackie control or HUI functionality which is really primitive in comparison to Eucon.

I'm afraid that "take your money elsewhere" is really not the answer, let's get the bugs fixed! They've made some great progress since 2014 or so when the software was in worse shape.
Old 05-11-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
I'm afraid that "take your money elsewhere" is really not the answer, let's get the bugs fixed!
Okay, fair enough... you're more the push the car uphill guy. Good luck with that!

Al
Old 05-11-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Okay, fair enough... you're more the push the car uphill guy. Good luck with that!

Al
Heh, No. I'm more the "I want the stuff that I paid for to work correctly" type of guy.
Old 05-11-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Heh, No. I'm more the "I want the stuff that I paid for to work correctly" type of guy.
I understand, and again fair enough!

Al