Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2010, 05:46 AM

Default advice on buying a new rig

Hi,

im sure this has all been gone over before but i thought id start a new thread anyway...

so im buying a new rig and wanted some advice on audio/video interfaces and a mac pro.

moneys not a huge issue but obviously id like to keep costs as low as possible.

as far as the mac goes, im looking at the new 8core 2.4ghz. ive read some of the discussions on more cores v processor speed and wondered if id be better off getting a used mac with less cores and a faster cpu?? has anyone got a definitive answer on this?

The new HD omni interface looks perfect for what i need - has a release date and price been announced? otherwise im looking at the Apogee Symphony and i wondered if anyone out there could let me know about their experience with the apogee and pro tools?

i used to have a cheap canopus video interface and wondered if these still work with the current version of PT - otherwise what video interfaces are people using that wont cost thousands?

thanks in advance

Sam
Old 08-27-2010, 06:55 AM

Default Re: advice on buying a new rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyfarr View Post
Hi,

im sure this has all been gone over before but i thought id start a new thread anyway...
Why? its all here, and recent as well. Try the search, or google and I am sure you will get more comprehensive info.....