Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2004, 04:15 AM

Default Help needed to sync new mixes to old music videos

Could someone please advise me on the best way to resync new 5.1 music mixes to old music videos.
Most of the mixes will be from Sony Digital multitracks with the exception of a few on analogue.
Mixing will be to ProTools of course. The old videos are various formats but mostly from analogue video masters both 1inch and 2inch. They will be transferred to digibeta after clean up etc, All the old videos will have guide audio tracks for reference. I know I could use time stretch to match (even in sections) but I'm afraid this will degrade the sound. Any other ways? I think I read somewhere about using 2 Pro Tool setups for this type of resync. How is this acheived?
Thanks in advance for your time.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Help needed to sync new mixes to old music vid

Have the tempos of the song changed? If not, it should just be a matter of lining up the new mix with the old in PT, unless there was a pull down in the original.... probably not though. If so, just pull down your analog machine..... i.e. if it has 30ndf on it... video ref the lynx... pulling it down to 29.97. If you have to do a digi transfer, you can use the pull up/ down in the PT session set up and the SRC in the 192.

Hope this helps..

TL