Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 09-18-2019, 08:10 AM

Default Use my AAX plugins OUTSIDE of Pro Tools?

I see tons of people asking about using VST’s and AU’s in Pro Tools, but does anyone else ever wanna go the other direction? I would love, for instance, to be able to use ReVibe II, the Pro Dynamics suite, Sansamp, and other Avid plugins inside of Reason, which I often use for composing. Blue Cat Patchwork will bring AU’s and VST’s into Pro Tools, but can it bring AAX plugins into VST environments?
Old 09-18-2019, 08:22 AM

Default Re: Use my AAX plugins OUTSIDE of Pro Tools?

I have not heard of an AAX wrapper
Old 09-18-2019, 12:34 PM

There are equal or better plugins than those, Nembrini Audio has made good replicas of LoFi, Sansamp and the guitar pedals, for IRs I use Waves IR-1 or SIR Audio SIR3 and dynamics are everywhere, take a look at FabFilter. The AIR instruments included in PT are already VST, I don't know about the effects.
Old 09-18-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
There are equal or better plugins than those, Nembrini Audio has made good replicas of LoFi, Sansamp and the guitar pedals, for IRs I use Waves IR-1 or SIR Audio SIR3 and dynamics are everywhere, take a look at FabFilter. The AIR instruments included in PT are already VST, I don't know about the effects.

The AIR effects are as well. They’ve also released a few more effects plugins as well that aren’t in Pro Tools but can be purchased as they’re available as AAX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2019, 03:33 AM

These days I'll be very careful about buying any plugins that are AAX only. I was quite happy to do that in the past but after years of Pro Tools support the future isn't so certain. There's plenty of mature DAWs out there which offer much for much less.

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 10-13-2019, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bond View Post
These days I'll be very careful about buying any plugins that are AAX only. I was quite happy to do that in the past but after years of Pro Tools support the future isn't so certain. There's plenty of mature DAWs out there which offer much for much less.

Stephen
I wouldn't worry about that. But there's very few plugins that ARE AAX only anymore.

And the ones that are...tend to be really good (Phoenix II for example, Massey's whole suite).