Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2016, 07:52 PM

Default C24 and asio

Ok since the C24 outputs to 1-3 what is the solution for 3rd party applications to get left and right output in other daws?

Im testing out sequoia and i can only get left. Core audio had c24 routing option. Asio obviously does not.

any ideas?
Old 02-25-2016, 07:59 PM

Default Re: C24 and asio

What exactly are you trying to do? What actual interface are you using?

I cannot follow what you are saying, the C|24 does not output anything in Pro Tools, it's not an interface/IO.

Since the C|24 is not an interface, and arguably has a fairly mediocre set of preamps and monitoring section, the simplest solution is always to just set up and use the C|24 as an Ethernet connected control surface and don't use the preamps or monitor section.

Anything else to do with wiring between the preamps and your interface and your interface and the monitor section are entirely at your control with what signal in your DAW you decide to put on what IO and/or the physical cable wiring you use. If you have a more specific question you'll need to describe it clearly so that anybody else here has any chance to understand what you are asking.

And since the C|24 only supports Pro Tools and is not intended to work with any other DAWs I am at a total loss as to what you are trying to do.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 02-25-2016 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:34 AM

c24 uses output 1 and 3 for stereo. That does not work with the asio driver in windows. There is no way to configure asio for c24 routing which sucks. Makes c24 work with only protools.

I tried to route a 1 and 2 out of it into my monitors using L and Center but it did not seem to work.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:35 AM

It not working with other daws makes it limited as well. But there has to be a way to use a patch bay or something to make it work. Just not sure how to configure it.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:37 AM

I suppose i could dust off my mackie big knob and use my focusrite 2I2.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:49 AM

Nobody here has any hope of following what you are talking about or even what interface you are trying to use. The C|24s basic job is to be a control surface, for that it will only work with Pro Tools. Anything else you want to do with outboard signal flow is just cabling and/or signal routing in your DAW... So if you explain yourself clearly maybe you can get help there.

If you need to interoperable between DAWs a C|24 is likely the wrong choice, third party HUI or Avid S3 or S6 Eucon surface will interoperable with multiple DAWs.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanonbass View Post
c24 uses output 1 and 3 for stereo. That does not work with the asio driver in windows. There is no way to configure asio for c24 routing which sucks. Makes c24 work with only protools.

I tried to route a 1 and 2 out of it into my monitors using L and Center but it did not seem to work.
The ASIO driver for what? What exact interface are you trying to use? How is it wired to the C|24?

I have great trouble believing any other DAW cannot simply control what IO channels its main outputs are on. And that is largely irrespective of the interface or driver, as long as it has enough physical IO.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 02-26-2016 at 10:04 AM.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:28 PM

The c24 routes out 1-3 for monitoring. Because of surround. In mac you can select the c24 routing option within core audio. Makes 3rd party mastering apps work just fine. In asio on windows you cannot. Its not possible. Bummer.

My question is what is the work around to use 3rd party daws like a mastering app? I only get sound out of one side because other daws use 1 and 2 monitor output Not 1-3.

Has anybody used a patch bay etc to make it work? I'm just trying to get an idea of how to get it to work. I heard mention of being able to use a patch bay. But the details were vague. It sucks the c24 isn't able to do this without using a patch bay. But it is what it is. I'm stuck with it until I get something else which i do not feel like doing at the moment.

I have a scarlet 2I2. I wonder if I could route the monitor outs into the line submixer and do it that way. hmmm.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
The ASIO driver for what? What exact interface are you trying to use? How is it wired to the C|24?

I have great trouble believing any other DAW cannot simply control what IO channels its main outputs are on. And that is largely irrespective of the interface or driver, as long as it has enough physical IO.
Im running HDX and a 16X16
Old 02-28-2016, 08:57 PM

I'm still not getting it, you are saying that you cannot configure what IO outputs Sequoia is putting a signal on? Uh that is really just not believable is it. Just go into Sequoia and set it up to output whatever you are doing on channels 1 and 3 on your interface. If don't know how to do that start by reading the Sequoia documentation (esp. understanding the Routing Manager), or maybe asking on a Sequoia forums.

This whole question really has nothing to do with you having a C|24 (besides you want some specific output setup) or using CoreAudio with your interface. But since you have the C|24 and it won't work with Sequoia as a control surface it is still also just not clear what you are hoping to do. Just use the monitor section of the C|24? Without a control surface is it even worth while? I just want you to think through what it is you are tryign to do before burning time trying to do stuff that is either impossible or may be a waste of time even if possible.

And on your HDX obviously none of the AAX-DSP plugins works with Sequoia... so another downer. But I guess if you *really* need to use Sequoia for a project... and you can live without AAX-DSP, especially for tracking, and without a control surface...