Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools 2019

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-08-2020, 07:44 PM
wdjudd wdjudd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Framingham, MA
Posts: 154
Default Pro Tools 10.3.10 AUdio Wav Files will NOT link in Pro Tools 2019.6

Recently I purchased Pro Tools 2019.6 but before that I had been using Pro Tools 10.3.10. When I open a PT 10 session in PT 2019.6 things go as expected unless the sessions have some files named with an extra number like the following: Lead 2.dup4_03.1.wav (the .1 is the extra number).

Files named like Lead 2.dup4_03.wav link fine in Pro Tools 2019.6 but files named like Lead 2.dup4_03.1.wav will NOT link in PT 2019.6. If I try to relink the files manually, I get the following error message: “One or more files are incompatible in format, sample rate or bit depth with the audio file that you are trying to relink.” However, the session is a 24 bit 44.1 session, and the session audio wav files I am trying to link are 24 bit 44.1 file (see attached pic).

Can anybody help me understand what is going on and how to remedy this issue? I have about 75 sessions I am trying to move from Pro Tools 10.3.10 into Pro Tools 2019.6 and several have the same issue. Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1 Screen Shot.jpg (65.8 KB, 0 views)
__________________
ProTools 2019.6, Lynx Aurora (n) 32 TB, Sibelius 19.7
OSX 10.14.6; Mac Mini: 3.2 GHz Intel Core i7; 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4; Internal 2 TB SSD, External Sabrent TB 2 TB SSD

Also ProTools LE/Native 10.3.10, 002R,; Mac Pro: 2 x 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon; 128 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC; Serial ATA Drives (Journaled HFS+): 2 x OWC Mercury Electra 3G 2 TB SSD; 3 x Seagate Barracudas 1.0 TB; External Firewire Drives (Journaled HFS+): 4 x Seagate Barracudas 1.5 TB and 6 x Seagate Barracudas 1.0 TB
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-09-2020, 04:47 AM
musicman691 musicman691 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Soprano State (NJ)
Posts: 17,364
Default Re: Pro Tools 10.3.10 AUdio Wav Files will NOT link in Pro Tools 2019.6

Apparently PT is having heartburn with that extra '.' What I would do is to replace the '.' before the 1 (extra number you call it) with an underscore. Or just leave it out altogether.
__________________
Jack
See profile for system details
iMac dead & retired as of 11/4/17

QAPLA!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-09-2020, 11:53 AM
wdjudd wdjudd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Framingham, MA
Posts: 154
Default Re: Pro Tools 10.3.10 AUdio Wav Files will NOT link in Pro Tools 2019.6

musicman691 thanks for your reply. That will be a long process for sure.



Are there any moderators watching. Should I start a Support Ticket?
__________________
ProTools 2019.6, Lynx Aurora (n) 32 TB, Sibelius 19.7
OSX 10.14.6; Mac Mini: 3.2 GHz Intel Core i7; 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4; Internal 2 TB SSD, External Sabrent TB 2 TB SSD

Also ProTools LE/Native 10.3.10, 002R,; Mac Pro: 2 x 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon; 128 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC; Serial ATA Drives (Journaled HFS+): 2 x OWC Mercury Electra 3G 2 TB SSD; 3 x Seagate Barracudas 1.0 TB; External Firewire Drives (Journaled HFS+): 4 x Seagate Barracudas 1.5 TB and 6 x Seagate Barracudas 1.0 TB
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-09-2020, 12:30 PM
john1192 john1192 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Woodland Hills
Posts: 5,768
Default Re: Pro Tools 10.3.10 AUdio Wav Files will NOT link in Pro Tools 2019.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdjudd View Post
Recently I purchased Pro Tools 2019.6 but before that I had been using Pro Tools 10.3.10. When I open a PT 10 session in PT 2019.6 things go as expected unless the sessions have some files named with an extra number like the following: Lead 2.dup4_03.1.wav (the .1 is the extra number).

Files named like Lead 2.dup4_03.wav link fine in Pro Tools 2019.6 but files named like Lead 2.dup4_03.1.wav will NOT link in PT 2019.6. If I try to relink the files manually, I get the following error message: “One or more files are incompatible in format, sample rate or bit depth with the audio file that you are trying to relink.” However, the session is a 24 bit 44.1 session, and the session audio wav files I am trying to link are 24 bit 44.1 file (see attached pic).

Can anybody help me understand what is going on and how to remedy this issue? I have about 75 sessions I am trying to move from Pro Tools 10.3.10 into Pro Tools 2019.6 and several have the same issue. Thanks in advance.
i just processed 3 songs for a friend that had SDII files in it ... i still have PT10 so i did it for her ... there are not many ways to skin this cat ... do you have PT10 or know anyone that does ??? if you can Still Open PT10, then just "save copy in" with WAV or AIFF files...

hope some of this helps .. cheers john
__________________
Mac Pro 6-core 3.33ghz (2012) 24gb ram 256gb SSD -OS 10.12.6 for PT 11.3.2 & 2019.6 last version
Logic Pro X latest version
RME BabyFace Pro

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS10.14.6 - PT 2019.6 Ended here ..
Logic Pro X latest version
RME BabyFace Pro
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-09-2020, 12:35 PM
wdjudd wdjudd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Framingham, MA
Posts: 154
Default Re: Pro Tools 10.3.10 AUdio Wav Files will NOT link in Pro Tools 2019.6

john1192
Do you know is causing this issue? Did PT10 allow naming files in a way that is not supported in PT 2019.6?


Yes I do still have a 002 rack with PT 10. I'll give it a try and report back.
__________________
ProTools 2019.6, Lynx Aurora (n) 32 TB, Sibelius 19.7
OSX 10.14.6; Mac Mini: 3.2 GHz Intel Core i7; 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4; Internal 2 TB SSD, External Sabrent TB 2 TB SSD

Also ProTools LE/Native 10.3.10, 002R,; Mac Pro: 2 x 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon; 128 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC; Serial ATA Drives (Journaled HFS+): 2 x OWC Mercury Electra 3G 2 TB SSD; 3 x Seagate Barracudas 1.0 TB; External Firewire Drives (Journaled HFS+): 4 x Seagate Barracudas 1.5 TB and 6 x Seagate Barracudas 1.0 TB
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-09-2020, 02:33 PM
musicman691 musicman691 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Soprano State (NJ)
Posts: 17,364
Default Re: Pro Tools 10.3.10 AUdio Wav Files will NOT link in Pro Tools 2019.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdjudd View Post
john1192
Do you know is causing this issue? Did PT10 allow naming files in a way that is not supported in PT 2019.6?


Yes I do still have a 002 rack with PT 10. I'll give it a try and report back.
It may not be PT as such but OSX. Just throwing that out there as something to think about. Naming conventions do change.
__________________
Jack
See profile for system details
iMac dead & retired as of 11/4/17

QAPLA!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-09-2020, 03:35 PM
wdjudd wdjudd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Framingham, MA
Posts: 154
Default Re: Pro Tools 10.3.10 AUdio Wav Files will NOT link in Pro Tools 2019.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1192 View Post
i just processed 3 songs for a friend that had SDII files in it ... i still have PT10 so i did it for her ... there are not many ways to skin this cat ... do you have PT10 or know anyone that does ??? if you can Still Open PT10, then just "save copy in" with WAV or AIFF files...

hope some of this helps .. cheers john

OK . . . this did not help.
__________________
ProTools 2019.6, Lynx Aurora (n) 32 TB, Sibelius 19.7
OSX 10.14.6; Mac Mini: 3.2 GHz Intel Core i7; 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4; Internal 2 TB SSD, External Sabrent TB 2 TB SSD

Also ProTools LE/Native 10.3.10, 002R,; Mac Pro: 2 x 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon; 128 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC; Serial ATA Drives (Journaled HFS+): 2 x OWC Mercury Electra 3G 2 TB SSD; 3 x Seagate Barracudas 1.0 TB; External Firewire Drives (Journaled HFS+): 4 x Seagate Barracudas 1.5 TB and 6 x Seagate Barracudas 1.0 TB
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pro Tools 2019 adding video to clip no audio bobby455 Pro Tools 2019 0 03-06-2020 06:27 PM
Pro Tools 2019 dll files problem. misfair Pro Tools 2019 1 03-04-2020 11:00 AM
Pro Tools 2019.12 Ultimate Crashes 2019 Mac Pro rmccam Pro Tools 2019 11 02-28-2020 03:59 AM
M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R and Pro Tools 2019.12 SAQ76 Pro Tools 2019 2 12-30-2019 03:47 AM
Pro Tools tries to re-link deleted files. Why? sb_stefan Pro Tools 10 4 04-12-2013 11:38 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:44 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com