Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 12-07-2010, 08:51 AM

Default click offset on audio track

i record a click track on a session to double check the drums, the click audio is off grid 18 milliseconds. this happens also if i change the engine comp
from non, long or short, and also on a test session. or is another setting i'm missing?
Old 12-07-2010, 01:14 PM

Default Re: click offset on audio track

You're probably experiencing bus or converter latency...

You could flip the polarity of the new track and nudge it till it cancels when played against the original click. Flip the polarity back, and you should be golden.

At that point, if the click still doesn't align to the grid, enable the 'ALL' group and nudge the whole session till the click aligns to the grid. Then get rid of the click plug-in and just use the recorded click track from then on.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:45 PM

Separate the audio clicks at transients and quantize the regions. You could also make the track tick-based so you always can import this audio click track into other sessions.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:52 PM

Hmm, good work arounds above, but really your clik should be bang on the money. It is here. Dodgy plug? Re-start? Trashing the usual? How are you recording the click? Does the bus you're using to print have stuff on its master fader? Are you bouncing to disk with stuff on master fader? Can't think of anything else off hand.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:02 PM

the click offset happens on new empty session with just one click track, one bus, and one mono audio track, all suggestions till now are ok but doesn't solve the problem, i read since three year about recording click on audio track because the click is not reliable on PT. this is an advance offset problem not a delay, and is a very strange situation, my DIGI reseller never hear about this, and we check all pref, usually we can have latency not advance on the grid. this is 18 millisecond to be precise, it shoudn't be like this, i would like anyone from Avid say something about this, when you work with audio you can't loose one hour to set a session recording. anyway: MAC PRO DUAL 2.66 PT HD2
WITH 192 I/O (installed new last april) PT hd 8.04cs2 will upgrade to 9 when this and other several bugs will disappear!
Old 12-07-2010, 03:09 PM

An hour????!! You shouldn't lose an hour with or without this problem! Just set up a template session with a track set to the green triangle mode (proper name of it anyone?) with cliks on at every beat . Then when you import that track the clik will automatically shift to the new tempo you're working at. That'll take you at most two minutes. An hour!? Good grief.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonfi64 View Post
i record a click track on a session to double check the drums, the click audio is off grid 18 milliseconds. this happens also if i change the engine comp
from non, long or short, and also on a test session. or is another setting i'm missing?
ADC enabled? PT9?

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 12-07-2010, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Just set up a template session with a track set to the green triangle mode (proper name of it anyone?) with cliks on at every beat .
Tick-based timebase.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonfi64 View Post
WITH 192 I/O (installed new last april) PT hd 8.04cs2 will upgrade to 9 when this and other several bugs will disappear!
I have tried to reproduce, and cannot. 1-2 samples late at 48k... that's it.
with ADC off 1ms Later in the timeline.
"Compensate for recording delays" checked and unchecked..

This is probably not a bug with the software, but maybe another bug within your system.

Are you sure you have cleaned your databases/preferences correctly?
could you have a plug on an invisible set of inserts?

Definitely let us know if you figure it out. ff
Old 12-07-2010, 05:52 PM

ok the offset in recording the click on an audio track is 18 millisecond in advance is not a delay, sound strange last week i recorded the same way bussing the click track to a mono track and it was perfectly at the beginning of the bar. i just trash pref and database with the tech tool (now my 888/24 is not seen in the I/O after has been added in the hardware options) i receive very useful way to sort this out and i thanks all of you, but this must be done in the simplest way just: recording a click plug on one audio track to check some drums tracks. of course i don't open plugs recording the click. i try DCE in all three settings NONE SHORT LONG, same result. i'm going to try do it on an empty session directly to desktop drive maybe it has to do with recording on ext drive. or i will record a reference click track with my finger snapping wich i hope are more reliable, thanks to all