Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 05-10-2019, 09:53 AM

Default Much more CPU usage since 19.5

Since Eucontrol 19.5 CPU load of Eucontrol is 2-3 times higher than before (near 100% instead of about 20-30% with Eucontrol 18.3) when working with Logic 10.4.4 projects.

Very, very disappointing!

Meanwhile I reverted back to 18.3.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:42 AM

Default Re: Much more CPU usage since 19.5

Does nobody else have issues with much too big CPU load in 19.5?
Old 05-15-2019, 08:33 AM

147 people have read my thread but not even ONE has found it worth to answer?

Or does this mean that NOBODY observed the issue with the increased CPU load?
Old 05-15-2019, 11:21 AM

If lots of folks are seeing a problem you expect to hear about it on DUC...we ain’t shy. (That said I am not yet playing with Control on my 2019.5 system).
Old 05-15-2019, 11:55 AM

First, I'm sorry that English is not my mother language - therefore I have problems to understand your posting.

I'll try to say it in my words - just to verify if I caught it right: "If lot of folks are seeing a problem" means to me: "If many users do have a problem with the software" -ok?

And then you said that in this case I would expect to hear about it on DUC?
Sorry. I don't understand the meaning - and wth is DUC?

Please help me ...
Old 05-15-2019, 12:04 PM

This is DUC, the Digidesign User Community.

The web address is duc.avid.com. Have you ever wondered why there is a duck photo at the top of the forum web page?

If lots of users were having performance problems they would be posting here about it here. They are not—which tells you that other people are likely not having problems.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:14 PM

YES. I only checked on DUC because I'm getting occasional crackling distortion on playback and laggy drums on EZ Drummer 2.

My system is 32GB i7 Windows 10, 500GB SSD and 1TB 7200 HD. All via Focusrite 2i4.

The CPU meter Total "System usage" shows 50-100% busy EVEN WHEN NOTHING PLAYING!!!!

The 8 cores are shown as a usage pyramid ... 1 & 8 very low, with increases up to core 4 in the middle which is ALWAYS above 70% ... even when nothing playing.

The session has just FOUR audio tracks.

When NO SESSION is open, all cores are showing 3-10% activity, with the TOTAL bar showing 50-77%.

NO OTHER APPS ARE RUNNING.

This is shocking.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:03 PM

Why are you posting on somebody else’s thread in the forum area about Artist control surfaces?

Start at “Help us Help you” up the top of each DUC web page, create a new thread for your problem, make sure your system is fully optimized, describe all the standard troubleshooting you have done and post a SiSoft Sandra report. What exact version of Pro Tools are you running? What sample rate? What IO buffer size? Get ignore errors unchecked. Keep increasing IO buffer size until the clicks etc go away.

Are all your plugins up to date/compatible with the version of Pro Tools and OS you have?

Still having problems move all .aaxplugin files in the plugin folder elsewhere and trash prefs. Restart. Play with only standard plugins. Does that have any problems? Try starting with a new empty session Without DVERB or SansAmp. Do things improve?

Uneven CPU distribution is not necessarily a problem, you just have a low number of single threaded plugins.

What do you mean by laggy drums? Are you playing MIDI drums in real time into Pro Tools? Is delay compensation enabled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbIT View Post
YES. I only checked on DUC because I'm getting occasional crackling distortion on playback and laggy drums on EZ Drummer 2.

My system is 32GB i7 Windows 10, 500GB SSD and 1TB 7200 HD. All via Focusrite 2i4.

The CPU meter Total "System usage" shows 50-100% busy EVEN WHEN NOTHING PLAYING!!!!

The 8 cores are shown as a usage pyramid ... 1 & 8 very low, with increases up to core 4 in the middle which is ALWAYS above 70% ... even when nothing playing.

The session has just FOUR audio tracks.

When NO SESSION is open, all cores are showing 3-10% activity, with the TOTAL bar showing 50-77%.

NO OTHER APPS ARE RUNNING.

This is shocking.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:44 PM

I'm a self-taught one-man home-based songwriter/producer who rarely seeks help, so apologies about not understanding this forum ... I thought I was adding to a discussion on CPU/2019.5 issues which I had Googled.

If interested, yes Delay Compensation is ALWAYS on as is low-latency monitoring and the hi/lo buffer settings for play/rec. These problems weren't evident in my files using 2018.x. I've also deleted the 'system' Preference files/folders, restarted and reinstalled 2019.5. I've also deleted the Wavecache.wfm files for good measure. Nothing helped.

I've fixed the drum issues by dragging the MIDI block arrangements out of EZ Drummer 2 into their own PT tracks that use EZ2 purely for the sound samples.

AVID's published workarounds are always complex, time-consuming and rarely work. I'm surprised there isn't also a "turn off then on" suggestion :)

PS. Where else can I simply log technical issues along with screen grabs?
Old 06-13-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbIT View Post
PS. Where else can I simply log technical issues along with screen grabs?
Start your own thread.