Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 09-30-2020, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Control App freezes (Eucon gets disconnected) with larger number of tracks in Cub

To make sure that there was no conflict between EuCon any other control, I have removed any non standard remote devices from the studio setup and performed a reset on the EuCon Remote Device.

This unfortunately had no effect.

And one more detail: Cubase actually always crashes now with this project. Once selecting the tracks screen, EuCon freezes. When closing and reopening the App, Cubase will crash after a few seconds.
When I quickly close the App and switch off the Mix panels, Cubase stays active.

(The EuCon Remote Device Version in Cubase is: 7.3.0.6 built on Jan 16 2020 12:17:12)
Old 09-30-2020, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Control App freezes (Eucon gets disconnected) with larger number of tracks in Cub

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
This is all great info. Can I ask one more thing. Just after it does this can you select collect all logs from the EuControl task Icon menu ?
Sure!

I'll send this as a PM as well.

I've used the 'Collect Support Files' option after the EuCon connection got lost and Cubase crashed.

Thanks,
Patrick
Old 09-30-2020, 04:31 PM
Avid

In the EUCON Control Panels where you can add HUI/Mackie devices....do you have any Apps in there ?
Old 09-30-2020, 04:50 PM

Yes! I indeed added Cubase 10.5. I was trying to find out if I could use Mackie Control to enable track visibility, but could not get this to work. I forgot removing this.

I have now removed it and restarted EuCon. The same issues still happens however. So removing the App did not resolve this.
Old 09-30-2020, 08:58 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvhooijdonk View Post
Yes! I indeed added Cubase 10.5. I was trying to find out if I could use Mackie Control to enable track visibility, but could not get this to work. I forgot removing this.

I have now removed it and restarted EuCon. The same issues still happens however. So removing the App did not resolve this.
Worth a try ;-) The engineers will look at all the data you sent.....
Old 10-01-2020, 11:46 AM

Indeed very wel spotted!! ;-)

Thanks for your immediate response, tests and for bringing this to the engineers!

I'm happy to help with any further testing or debugging, in case this might be helpful.

Thanks,
Patrick
Old 10-01-2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyplayerG View Post
I can answer that part of the equation for you.
Thanks for your feedback!

Quote:
The MC Control works just fine with Cubase/Nuendo. My setup is MC Control/2 Mix/1 Transport. All of them work fine with Nuendo AS LONG AS YOU DON'T HAVE AVID CONTROL ON.
You mean the AVID Control App? (and not the Artist Control?)

Quote:
The "Magic Number" of tracks required to crash everything is 40 and it doesn't matter what kind or in what combination.
I indeed noticed the same.

Quote:
This will happen on an iPad or a Samsung Tablet and the most insidious thing about it is that one user in 15 does not have the problem! None of those "Lucky" individuals can tell you anything about their setups to explain why their setup works.
I've tried a few things like disabling all control devices and also starting Cubase without third party plug-ins, but the probleem remains.

Quote:
My only exception is that, for some very odd reason, it will work on my Samsung Galaxy 8+ phone!!
That is indeed weird, but also interesting! Is provides perhaps some direction for the engineering team? I was hoping that another type of Ipad would perhaps have worked. That would at least provide some direction towards a possible solution.

Quote:
It's maddening! I'd be on a four S1/Dock rigg right now IF only this thing would work. But as long as that bug is there, I can't let go of the Artist Series hardware. Bottom line: You are not alone! Go over to the Steinberg site and do a search. You will find dozens of threads there with users begging SB to DO SOMETHING to fix this issue.
I understand your position indeed!

Thanks!
Old 10-01-2020, 01:07 PM
Avid

Can you save out your Cubase Prefs and post them so we can load them here?
Old 10-09-2020, 01:23 AM

Hi Eddie,

I've just noticed your request. I did not spot this earlier (and will need to see how to switch on email notifications for this message board)
I have just uploaded the Cubase profiles folder. Please find a link in a PM.

Thanks,
Patrick
Old 10-09-2020, 08:34 AM
Avid

We have finally managed to reproduce this in house, so a lot closer to a fix now.