Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 10-12-2009, 09:10 AM

Default Re: PRO TOOLS 8 compatible with WINDOWS 7 someday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsluciano View Post
i know why pro tools mpowerd 7.4 dont work on windows 7. on vista it works untill u install service pack 1 then it stops workin. i uninstralled service pack 1 and it started working again. im sure the service pack 1 files from vista is already on windows 7 and that is what the problem is. i dont understand why when they make updates and new systems they just dont make it so all your stuff works like drivers software ect.
As I said in reply to your other duplicate post.
Well, this is the way things are and have always been with PT. Whenever an OS is upgraded you will need to wait for an update from Digidesign for Pro Tools to function properly in it. And a Beta is a Beta for a reason; there is no guarantee of stability. For those of you that need PT to work reliably now, use the approved version of XP or Vista for your version of PT. Or you can hope you get lucky.
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=23876

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 10-14-2009, 11:23 AM

Finally all problems in PT windows 7 has gone at last Device Manager see my 003 and MBox Pro all the time when I first power on the interface and then the computer, it happend when I tried whith HP NW9440 laptop wich is(known) supported by Digidesign. having a Texas Firewire chip port,
I install PT just like it is , no problem at all(using Legacy Firewire driver)
and Explorer 8.
I7 950
RAM 24Gb corsair 1600 (3 sticks)
9-9-9-24
MAC
MacBookPro i7 2,3 15"
RAM 16gb
PT 11.3
003 Rack
MBox 3 Pro
Old 10-14-2009, 11:42 AM

Glad to hear you are happy.

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 10-14-2009, 11:57 AM

Thanks to you
I7 950
RAM 24Gb corsair 1600 (3 sticks)
9-9-9-24
MAC
MacBookPro i7 2,3 15"
RAM 16gb
PT 11.3
003 Rack
MBox 3 Pro
Old 10-14-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flautista View Post
Thanks to you

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs

www.metrostudios.com
Old 11-05-2009, 07:12 AM

by now you would think digi design would have it together for windows vista 64bit and windows xp 64 bit. here comes a new windows system and they haven't even got it working on the older 64 bit systems. how sad is that to call yourself the best if u cant even get it working on 64 bit systems. i cant even get a vista 64bit driver for my m-audio radium 61 midi/usb keyboard. how hard is it to keep it up to date for us its really sad that people spend there hard earned money and cant get the hardware & software working on there 64 bit systems. you guys should really invest some time in to fixing theses problems cause its not right for us to be left in the dark like this
Old 11-15-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flautista View Post
Finally all problems in PT windows 7 has gone at last Device Manager see my 003 and MBox Pro all the time when I first power on the interface and then the computer, it happend when I tried whith HP NW9440 laptop wich is(known) supported by Digidesign. having a Texas Firewire chip port,
I install PT just like it is , no problem at all(using Legacy Firewire driver)
and Explorer 8.
I absolutely can not get it; I guess DD is still working on it. I installed the 32 bit version of Windows 7 and the USB Mbox 2 doesn't even pick up the Mbox 2 in Device Manager. Very frustrating that the Usb Win 7 drivers does not even know what the Mbox is!
Old 11-15-2009, 02:16 PM

Here's my 2 cents worth. Anyone complaining about PT not working on W7 and/or in a 64-bit environment has little basis for those complaints. Digi has not only never said it would work in either scenario, they've been CLEARLY recommending against it. So if some of you have it functioning, I salute you for having the courage to mess around in unsupported, uncharted territory. But for the rest, I'd say it's pointless being frustrated about something behaving exactly the way the developer said it would in that particular environment. Maybe I'm crazy, but I find patience easier than beating my head against the wall.......the updated releases will come, we'll load them up on 64-bit W7, and just go back to work. When they're good and ready. And stable.
That's all I have to say about that. -Forrest-
Old 11-22-2009, 11:30 AM

Waiting for Windows 7 64bit support for Pro Tools LE 8.0.1 is, well, frustrating. I got my new Eleven Rack with Pro Tools LE and a used Mbox 2 Micro for my new Acer Aspire 5536 laptop which has Window 7 64bit Ultimate installed on it. Pro Tools LE installs and launches but I get the dreaded clock problem message with the Micro which seems to be intermittent.

Goes without saying the minute Digidesign releases an update, it will mean a lot of happy customers. The question is when? Windows 7 has been a RC for over a year and out officially for a month. I don't wanna be uninstalling my Windows 7 because, well, it rocks! So I'll wait patiently I guess.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:55 AM

I wouldn't mind waiting patiently if Avid gave us a ballpark date as to when the compatibility will be there.

If they said the updates won't be ready for a year then I could take a course of action. Same as if they said they'd be ready next week.

Not knowing is the issue. Do I abandon Pro Tools for Cubase because I can't wait a year or do I sit quietly for a month?

Their last update on the issue was in June. Give me a break.

POOR customer appreciation and respect if you ask me.