Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2010, 12:41 AM
Quiet Art Ltd.

Default Re: Wave Rider - Automatic Vocal Rides!!!

One more week of the special price.
Thanks for the overwhelming interest.

WaveRider + Defaulter (now with LKFS)
QuietArt.co.nz

Catchin' SYNC app
Old 07-01-2010, 01:33 PM

Vedat,

I've bought Waverider recently and I have two minor q:s

When I start PT, if I don't have the ilok containing waverider inserted PT asks for it every time. Other plugin licenses are only asked for if they are needed in a certain session or if I trashed prefs. It's a bit annoying when I expect PT to have started and I have to say cancel or go fetch the ilok from a different studio every time... Sure I could get three licenses, but that wasn't my plan.

Also when I move it to the "Plug-Ins (Unused)" folder I have to enter password. How come?
Mac Pro 8 core Nehalem 2x2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 15 GB ram, HD2 Accel, 192 I/O, PT 10, Mac OS 10.6.8. Dedicated internal drives for system and sample libraries. Recording few tracks on a network Synology NAS. More tracks on a Western Digital external FW800 drive. VI's from NI (Komplete 7), Toontrack, Spectrasonics, IK Multimedia, Vienna, MOTU (BPM), Ivory and a bunch of other plugs.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Quiet Art Ltd.

Ramtitam,
Every company has a different way of authorizing your computer.
Some do at the splash screen some do during insert.
We choose to do it on the splash. Like many others (Antares, Source Connect, Digidesign etc.)
Sorry for the inconvenience but this is how it works best for us.

As for the password. That's something to do with how your permissions are on your computer. Perhaps a permission fix will do it.

Cheers

QuietArt.co.nz

Catchin' SYNC app
Old 08-12-2010, 12:18 AM
Quiet Art Ltd.

The $49 special is back.
I call it the Crack attack.

QuietArt.co.nz

Catchin' SYNC app
Old 08-12-2010, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundoz View Post
The $49 special is back.
I added myself to the list voting for a Windoze version.. For this price I would give it a go..
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 08-12-2010, 06:29 AM

Quote:
The $49 special is back.
ekhm... PC?
Old 08-13-2010, 02:16 AM
Quiet Art Ltd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
I added myself to the list voting for a Windoze version.. For this price I would give it a go..
Unfortunately Wave Rider is not gonna stay at this price for long.
This promo will go until the next release.

Things out of our control are delaying the Windoze version. Sorry.

QuietArt.co.nz

Catchin' SYNC app
Old 08-13-2010, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately Wave Rider is not gonna stay at this price for long.
This promo will go until the next release.

Things out of our control are delaying the Windoze version. Sorry.
Cool.. I haven't run away yet.. When it gets ported I'll give it a go..
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 09-23-2010, 03:07 AM

Hi everyone,

I've been trying out Wave Rider again after not liking it so much when I tried it a good while back (I think the changes Mundoz has made have made it much, much better).

I also decided to check out the demo of the Waves Vocal Rider at the same time. I have never liked Waves and their outrageous prices and the jumping through hoops with waveshells etc and this experience was no better. Just to download and try the demo, I had to sign up to be a user on their website and give them a load of information I wouldn't trust anyone with (so I had to make up a fake name and address and phone number and.....stupid jerks). Then the download was a major mission. It seems to download everything they've ever made and a job that should have taken 5 minutes still had me guessing half an hour later. Stupid jerks.

Operationally I just hated Vocal Rider. It simply doesn't behave anything like I would expect. To be fair initially I struggled getting Wave Rider to respond the way I'd expect it to as well, but once I worked with it a bit, the results were actually really good. Vocal Rider just wouldn't create what I would hear as a balanced vocal.

The one thing I like about the Waves plug though, is that it comes as a proper professional TDM and RTAS plugin (managing delay compensation is much easier with RTAS on aux's etc), and it runs very simply on any track in any position as a "live" plugin without all the fannying about with a midi controller etc. To work with Wave Rider, I just hate all that controller nonsense going on with everything on my tracks and plugins turning blue and having to move the tracks I want to work on up to the top of the screen etc (also when you recall a setting, it includes the original track number which can cause a few snafu's if it suddenly grabs a different track than the one you've just assigned. Mundoz?). Maybe you guys with controllers are more used to this type of environment. Also having to remember to turn off the preference for mixing controls being in the undo queue, as it's just constantly sending a stream of changes and when I forget to disable this, my undo's list is not usable, but this is a minor operating procedure that will eventually sink in.

Mundoz, any plans to develop a proper TDM/non controller version?

In summary, Wave Rider at it's extremely reasonable price is just simply a no brainer!! When I looked yesterday, Waves are asking for USD $830 for just the one plugin. Are they having a laugh? Who do these guys think they are? And then I saw what they ask for their Mercury bundle. $16,500. Give it a rest, stupid jerks. Who can afford this type of pricing? Big film budget guys right.

Mundoz, I really would love to have a detailed numerical read out of the fader positions (Set Silence and Behaviour faders especially). Rounding to the nearest whole db and nothing at all on the Behaviour fader is a bit frustrating I find. And finally, an attack and release time that could be user adjustable would be excellent. At the moment I'm relying on the Park level to help ramp a few of the intros to a line and therefore with a less picky Behaviour setting, once the line gets going the reponse is a bit slow sometimes.

Cheers all.

Steve Bush
Old 09-23-2010, 03:32 AM
Quiet Art Ltd.

Thanks for your comments Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushpig View Post
(.. when you recall a setting, it includes the original track number which can cause a few snafu's if it suddenly grabs a different track than the one you've just assigned. Mundoz?).
This is addressed in the next version (coming soon, with other features)
Settings will no more recall the channel number. Will be a pain for templates but in general better for workflow.

Quote:
Mundoz, any plans to develop a proper TDM/non controller version?
Sorry no TDM.
And with the way Wave Rider works, non-controller version is not possible. There's no other way to control the PT fader.

Quote:
Mundoz, I really would love to have a detailed numerical read out of the fader positions (Set Silence and Behaviour faders especially). Rounding to the nearest whole db and nothing at all on the Behaviour fader is a bit frustrating I find. And finally, an attack and release time that could be user adjustable would be excellent. At the moment I'm relying on the Park level to help ramp a few of the intros to a line and therefore with a less picky Behaviour setting, once the line gets going the reponse is a bit slow sometimes.
Sorry no numerical steps for these controls, just the feel.
But separate attack / release for ducking and parking in the next version.

This will be a major version upgrade, with an upgrade fee for existing users, and a brand new price for new users.

cheers!

QuietArt.co.nz

Catchin' SYNC app