Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2008, 02:57 PM

Default Pro\'s-why does a 30k app not make life easier?

Digidesign,

I know you don't like to listen to your extremely loyal user base... much like our good friend at microsoft.. Myself and many of my pro colleagues are getting just a little wee bit irritated with the promises your software suggests in the literature that don't work in practice.

For all the hobbyist using protools it is their choice for us in the "pro market" we get stuck with your product. I for one am now deciding if nuendo might be a better option. For the price of my two HD3 Accels, Various interfaces, Sync I/0's, TDM plugins, Digitranslators (which by the way cost's more than apple's logic studio pro), mp3 export option (comes with freakin' itunes for free). Enough ranting... You get my drift.

Nuendo system costs -same mac as protools/ RME madi card / Euphonic MC with Eucon support... I think you can do the simple math here.

SUPPORT THE LOYAL USER BASE YOU TAKE MONEY FROM... GIVE US WHAT WE NEED... Otherwise the otherside is looking sweeter than ever.

give us the following:

01. RTAS instrument support that actually works.... not like what you think works now... like really really works!!!
02. AU support.. because i have no faith in RTAS... if you want composers/songwriters on protools they have to have instruments.
03. EUCON support... Admit when you have been beaten by Euphonix (or)
04. ICONS should be able to control more than one rig from the surface at a time. otherwise you start to piss guys like me who off..who have to sometimes work in budget icon rooms and have my workflow suffer due to the stupidity of your design.
05. MIDI- Fix the edit page or add a new window for a view similar to logic/cubase/nuendo/dp/ etc who give you a matrix window with all the notes in view.
06. Allow for network and raid drives to be used in playback and record.
07. Support for multiple sessions at the same time...
08. Multiple Bar ones in the same session
09. Nuendo like update session mode for guys who do editing on dub stages
10. More tracks at 96k and 192k... cmon...
11. LISTEN TO YOUR LOYAL USERS WHO HAVE SPENT A LOT OF $$$$ ON YOUR SOFTWARE.