Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8

Old 01-11-2018, 11:53 PM

Default Control 24 - Any use or a fancy boat anchor?

Hello to All

I have been given an offer for the indefinite/permanent use of a Control 24. However from what I can ascertain there seems to be no use for it. It is not talking with current Pro Tools, and there seems to be no way to patch it through third party means to either Pro Tools or any other DAW. Unless one already has an old version (10 or previous) and an old computer to successfully run the old unsupported software these seem nothing more than an unruly show piece on the mantle or a boat anchor. Have I missed something?

Look forward to your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Craig
Old 01-12-2018, 03:10 AM

Default Re: Control 24 - Any use or a fancy boat anchor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicra3 View Post
Hello to All

I have been given an offer for the indefinite/permanent use of a Control 24. However from what I can ascertain there seems to be no use for it. It is not talking with current Pro Tools, and there seems to be no way to patch it through third party means to either Pro Tools or any other DAW. Unless one already has an old version (10 or previous) and an old computer to successfully run the old unsupported software these seem nothing more than an unruly show piece on the mantle or a boat anchor. Have I missed something?

Look forward to your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Craig
Hi,

You're correct only PT10 or previous

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:30 AM

And REALLY, how difficult would it be for AVID to create the Driver for PT 12 so that all of us who own these boat anchors could actually PAY MONEY to UPGRADE our software? There is NOTHING in the market today that has the functionality of Control 24.

C'mon AVID, hasn't it been long enough to keep us all in PT 10?
Old 02-07-2018, 02:26 PM

Yes as an owner of a said boat anchor which i paid $18AUS when they came out I have learnt my lesson.
The solution though is simple. Don't buy am Avid control surface because they will eventually make it redundant.

It seems absurd that I am considering a cheap 8 fader surface from other company when I have a perfectly good one in front of me.