Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2018, 08:12 PM

Default Re: Various Digi 192 compatibility questions

i have mac pro 5.1 running 10.6.8 snow leopard 1 acel hd and 1 core hd pcie cards pro tools version 10 and 11 no hd version 10.3.10 1#96i/o 1#digital 192 with only one card 2#analog 192s with analog ins and out no digital cards in those my digitest always pass and i can see the hardware connected iiiiin the core manager everything is there as it should be however in protools in the i/o it does not show a 192 or allow to see in and outs in the i/o map but in hardware menu it shows digidesign hw and protools aggregate i really need this system to work im using a radar and tascam x 48 for tracking because i cant sort this protools issue out if someone can help me i will greatly appreciate im new to protools
Old 04-22-2018, 07:06 AM

Default Various Digi 192 compatibility questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiramiramirror View Post
i have mac pro 5.1 running 10.6.8 snow leopard 1 acel hd and 1 core hd pcie cards pro tools version 10 and 11 no hd version 10.3.10 1#96i/o 1#digital 192 with only one card 2#analog 192s with analog ins and out no digital cards in those my digitest always pass and i can see the hardware connected iiiiin the core manager everything is there as it should be however in protools in the i/o it does not show a 192 or allow to see in and outs in the i/o map but in hardware menu it shows digidesign hw and protools aggregate i really need this system to work im using a radar and tascam x 48 for tracking because i cant sort this protools issue out if someone can help me i will greatly appreciate im new to protools

I cannot follow exactly what you are writing. Try to use actual exact names of stuff. Do you have any version of Pro Tools HD? or only Pro Tools standard? A Pro Tools HD license is required to utilize a DigiLink interface. Pro Tools HD 10 was the last version of Pro Tools that supported TDM DSP cards (like your Accel/Core cards).

I suspect it is normally better off for people to get started with Pro Tools by buying into the current version of Pro Tools standard on a current supported computer. Old TDM systems can be nice for tracking, but there is more to understand about their requirements, care and feeding. And hopefully you understand TDM hardware voice counts can be a limit, and also restricts you to 32-bit only versions of Pro Tools.

You need to look up the Pro Tools HD compatibility tables to see what Pro Tools HD versions are supported on what OSx releases.

If you have Pro Tools HD 10 or earlier on a compatible OSx version and it is not working reduce the system to a bare minimum of the Core card and one DigiLink interface box and get that working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2018, 07:30 AM

You say you do Not have HD version of PT10 so if thats correct you wont be able to use the Accel card or any HD card. You will need to get a used HD10 license from here or ebay if you wanna use your system as Darryl already pointed out.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-22-2018, 10:40 AM

...or you might be better off buying a HD Native card and later version of Pro Tools HD and skipping TDM and 32-bit limitations, or even better off just sticking with Pro Tools standard and non-DigiLink interfaces... it all depends on what you are trying to get here by using TDM and DigiLink interfaces.