Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 01-26-2018, 11:07 AM

Default Re: PT18 - Disable Tab to MIDI note end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1192 View Post
hi Shane, thank you for the Clarity .. yes, i was testing in Clips View .. will check out notes view ..

i have seen a few folks complain about losing this function with the NEw Tab in Midi seeing both on and off parts of Midi notes and wanted to see if there is a solution for them ...

cheers john
I certainly sympathize with any disruption or impact it may cause on many of the common Tab to Transient editing workflows. I put in a request to have it looked at, which is all I can do on my end. Keep us posted if Steve's suggestion works for your specific use case. Knowing Steve, he might be able to suggest another great workaround if he knows the specific workflow details.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 01-26-2018, 05:02 PM

Default Re: PT2018.1 - Disable Tab to MIDI note end?

Yep. Right arrow only works in notes view. Not much of a deal breaker but…
If you hold down the right arrow it doesn't continue to tab to each note like tab to transient does. Not a show stopper for me but a bit of a pain.

I use Massey DRT to generate MIDI triggers for my drums and I tab across the MIDI notes while looking at the waveform in the Massey DRT window to check if the triggers are spot on. Being able to hold TAB while looking at the Massey window makes it easy to quickly go through all the notes.

Right arrow works but it will require lots of keystrokes (drag MIDI from DRT to the timeline, switch display to notes, tab for every-single-note).

I think it would be ideal if the note start / end behavior of TAB to transient was an option in the MIDI tab of PT preferences.

Just my two cents…

PT 2018.1
HD Native
Hackintosh i7 3.4 GHz Quad Core Sandy Bridge
Apogee Ensemble
OSX 10.12.6