Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2012, 04:34 PM

Default My simple steps to make any model "pop"

It's very simple. Go to the stock Stereo Matches preset. Get rid of everything except the amp, cab, compressor and para EQ. Change the amp to whatever you want. I've done this with just about every preset and they all sound amazing with those compressor and para EQ settings. The compressor really brings out the picking dynamics (especially on the DC30 sim, holy crap is that thing dynamic), and the subtle boost from the para EQ adds "air" to the sound. I'm not a fan of most of the presets in the 11R, but that one has the two components that made me fall in love with just about every amp model in this thing (with the exception of the Bogner models... not sure why I can't bond with them, they all feel really flubby).

Winning.

-Russ
Old 04-23-2012, 05:27 AM

Default Re: My simple steps to make any model "pop"

I just moved back home from school, so once i get my rig back up and running ill be sure to try this out.

Thanks for the tip

I feel you on the bogner models. Its probably because i have a strat so im not going to put it at the fault of the model, but something about them i find thin and fizzy. But again, its probably the single coils.

Nick
OCZ Agility 64 GB SSD
Hitachi 1TB 32 MB HDD
WD Caviar Black 500GB
Saphhire HD 5850
3 x 20" monitors

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Fender Super Champ XD
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 Silver Edition W/ Silver Jubilee Cabinet
Old 04-30-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcrazyfruit View Post
I just moved back home from school, so once i get my rig back up and running ill be sure to try this out.

Thanks for the tip

I feel you on the bogner models. Its probably because i have a strat so im not going to put it at the fault of the model, but something about them i find thin and fizzy. But again, its probably the single coils.

Nick
Nick, I've tried both alder-bodied, single-coil equipped Strats with the Bogner models as well as all-mahogany, HB loaded Les Paul style guitars, and I can't jive with them either way. I just don't think I'm an XTC kind of guy (at least the 101B... the 20th Anniversary and Classic are another story). I'd love to see a Shiva model, however, but I'm not going to hold my breath
Old 05-03-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
with the exception of the Bogner models... not sure why I can't bond with them, they all feel really flubby.

Winning.

-Russ
They can be, the XTC is very greasy for real. I find that if you dial out too much of the Mids on the XTC that it gets really flubby. Try dialing up those Mids and you should get a nice thick sound.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio