Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2011, 10:20 PM

Default RME interfaces

I was thinking about getting an RME interface but I read that they are not yet compatible with lion. This was a couple of months ago. Anyway I have been keeping an eye on the RME website and have noticed no changes or announcements about lion. So I contacted them and was told that they are compatible. I asked RME "if they are compatible then why am I reading online that they are not and why are music shop people telling me the same and why does it not mention lion on your website." This was over a month ago and Ive heard nothing since.
Pretty slack in my opinion and they've basically just lost a customer to apogee who have very clear information about what works and what doesn't.

Anyone using rme, if so whats your experience.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:39 PM

Default Re: RME interfaces

Love the FF 800. Very versatile interface & decent pres. I'm about to do Lion w/ it on their lastest (June) drivers.
Great products, absolutely horrible & stubborn board modmins on their support forums who think anyone running Lion this "early" are idiots. That's the tone of their posts anyway, thought they have improved somewhat.

"I survived the Great Launch Predicaments of PT11 2013."
Old 10-16-2011, 12:12 AM

Default Re: RME interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserpathos View Post
Love the FF 800. Very versatile interface & decent pres. I'm about to do Lion w/ it on their lastest (June) drivers.
Great products, absolutely horrible & stubborn board modmins on their support forums who think anyone running Lion this "early" are idiots. That's the tone of their posts anyway, thought they have improved somewhat.
Can you please let me know how it goes? If you have any issues etc. Thanks