Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2015, 08:28 AM

Default Help!Could anybody tell me the maximum service rating of Avid HDX?

Hi friends here,
My friend contact with me to help him to modify his thunderbolt express chassis,his model is Sonnet Echo Express SE II.The Chassis is designed for the half length pcie card,the PSU show output is 12V and 7A.
So far,I do not know the maximum service rating of HDX,I try to search from
avid's page,only find this link http://www.avid.com/static/resources...2012_03_06.pdf
the pdf did not show the maximum service rating of Avid HDX.
I want to know that key,then maybe I can find some idea to modify his chassis.
Thank you for everyone help me or answer this thread.
Best regards!
Chris
Old 03-09-2015, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Help!Could anybody tell me the maximum service rating of Avid HDX?

HDX cards are full length, I don't think there is anyway to hack the chassis to accept full length cards

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 03-09-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig F View Post
HDX cards are full length, I don't think there is anyway to hack the chassis to accept full length cards
I know the hdx is full length card,I will use one PC chassis and take part of the motherboard of the sonnet echo chassis.
But I need get the how much watts when the hdx work in the max working condition.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:53 PM

Seems like a lot of work just to provide an unsupported solution. Why not just purchase a Sonnet Full length chassis and spend the spare time and effort gained relaxing by the pool?
As a suggestion, if you still want to go that way, why not check the Sonnet full length chassis power spec and compare that to the half length?
Mac Pro 6.1, E5-2690 V2 10 core 3.0G, 32gig 1866 memory, 512G PCIe system drive, 4 480G OWC 3G SSD data drives in Thunderbolt 2 enclosure, macOS 10.15.7, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.9.1, Twin Raven MTi's, Apollo 8 TB, 2 UAD2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, RME ADI-4 DD, Neve 5012, 5043, Bricasti M7, 2 PCM 92's, M350, DynAudio BM6 MK 3, BM14S, a bunch of cool mics...1 damned iLok2.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:53 PM

I don't think there are any GC or Sweetwater stores in Chengdu City,Sichuan prov.,China mainland.

From what I have read on other topics...the folks there are pretty good at getting by with, well, nothing.

Does anybody happen to remember the current draw for an HDX card...it seems like it was a topic of discussion when one of the older Mac Pro g-cards used both auxiliary power connectors?
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 03-09-2015, 06:00 PM

I'm not personally vouching for this information, but according to this link the HDX draws 50 watts...

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/157...en-mac-pro/640
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 03-24-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
I'm not personally vouching for this information, but according to this link the HDX draws 50 watts...

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/157...en-mac-pro/640
thank you,Bill!