Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 08-03-2000, 03:53 PM

Default antares auto-tune need help

ok, rtas outo-tune is open on a track, in laymans terms, how do i go about fixing a out of tune vocal or sour guitar string? can i do this at all? the manual is making my eyes glaze over with its technical jargon-i just want it's functionality not why it works. so far i can only get a lot of notes sounding like they're bending-please advise me like i'm in 3rd grade with some relevant scenarios.thanks, vince v
Old 08-03-2000, 07:01 PM

Default Re: antares auto-tune need help

Sounds like you need to kick Autotune out of the automatic mode & run it in Graphical mode. It takes more time but allows you to tweak the sound quite a bit more.

To do this effectively you'll wanna create a new track to print the corrected pitch to.

One way to do this is to setup a bus output from the track you wanna fix & set it to pre fade output level -0- gain. Then create a new track with the input coming from that same bus. Record enable that track.

then go back to the track you want to fix & highlight a section of it you would like to fix. then click on Track Pitch & let it play. Then it will give you a graphical readout of the pitch the way it is on the original track. After that you can use your tools to tweak that pitch.

Once the pitch is fixed click the record button & it should record your fixed track to the newly created track. Check out page 24 of your manual for details.

It's very useful in this mode. moreso IMHO than the auto mode when you're dealing with stuff that is reallhy out.

Good luck

------------------
C Ya, Stan
Good - Fast - Cheap
Pick Any Two