Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 07-30-2006, 01:22 AM

Default Re: errors on bouncing ?

Quote:
ok shane,

that was an easy one !

i have found my problem.

it's a vst wraped plug in called tubebooster.

http://www.greenmachine.pwuq.net/TubeBooster_233.zip

can you try it on your system and tell me if it makes the same problems on your system ?
WOW!!!! Well done on getting to the bottom of this!

Since I started this Quad thread I quickly realized that alot of these reported 'problems' on the forum are really plug-in issues that everyone seems to ignore. Your discovery just confirms this even more. A wrapped VST plug-in actually screws up bounce to disk. Holy crap!!

If you have the time, can you fill out the Digi Bug Submit Form.

Maybe a few others can try and confirm this on the Tyan and Asus board. Unfortunatley, I dont have the recent version of the VST wrapper. Something I'll have to bug Angus about one day.

DUY Valve will get you a good tube/valve sound. It is RTAS and stable. I use it all the time.
Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 07-30-2006, 01:41 AM

just filled the Digi Bug Submit Form.

i promiss I will continue to go where no quader has gone before and report my findings here.

other then this bug, i am happy to report that my quad runs smooth.

another quastion :

how bad can it be to leave "system restore" on ?
Old 07-30-2006, 02:22 AM

Quote:
just filled the Digi Bug Submit Form.

i promiss I will continue to go where no quader has gone before and report my findings here.

other then this bug, i am happy to report that my quad runs smooth.

another quastion :

how bad can it be to leave "system restore" on ?
Keep it off. You already have a Ghost image of your system.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 07-30-2006, 06:42 AM

Default Re: Allenstein Quadzilla Machine *3J Quad Debunke

Quote:
Quote:
Shane:

I noticed that my two raptors in the top CD bays of my tower case (the same one you have) get REALLY hot after an hour or so. I removed the grey plastic cover plates to at least get them some air. Have you noticed this in your system and should I think about getting hard drive coolers (they make them to fit in the 5.25 drive bay slots but they are $40 each.
I havent noticed this myself(I've never checked). But, I do have quite a bit of space between them for air flow. I also turn my system off at the end of the day. I havent had any heat problems that would effect the system that I'm aware of.

Post a link to these drive 'coolers'. I'd like to see what they are all about.

Shane
Shane:

Here is the link to the HD coolers...only $9.95 each. I may buy em just for a little extra cooling.

http://www.xoxide.com/evhardrivcoo.html
Old 07-30-2006, 09:06 AM

Default Re: ASUS Quad: Checksum warning message*Guitardom*

Quote:
We'll have to wait for an Asus user to chime in and checkout that BIOS setting for you to see where it should be at.

hey filo, sorry to hear about the problem. yes the cpu frequency should be set to 200, and internal cache on that page should be enabled as well. hope that helps.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 07-30-2006, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Allenstein Quadzilla Machine *3J Quad Debunke

Quote:
Quote:
since the tyan board is a server board,
should we leave the quad on all the time?
i usually work everyday, about 12 on and 12
hours off. turnitonorturnitoff?????????
They actually promote it as a 'workstation' board aimed at gamers, video and audio users. They took off most of the 'server' stuff for this purpose.

I myself turn mine off at the end off the day. It is usually on for 12-14 hours. I'm sure there are others who leave it on 24/7 though.

Shane
Agreed, the Thunder is the Server board...although it too is on the approved boards list at Digi...we have no one to date that has one up and running.
iMac 3.06ghz, 16Gb, 2Tb, OSX 10.6.2
Minimoog Voyager, Liberation, Taurus, Phatty
Korgs, Nords and more
Arp 2600s & Ody
Old 07-30-2006, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:
ok shane,

that was an easy one !

i have found my problem.

it's a vst wraped plug in called tubebooster.

http://www.greenmachine.pwuq.net/TubeBooster_233.zip

can you try it on your system and tell me if it makes the same problems on your system ?
WOW!!!! Well done on getting to the bottom of this!

Since I started this Quad thread I quickly realized that alot of these reported 'problems' on the forum are really plug-in issues that everyone seems to ignore. Your discovery just confirms this even more. A wrapped VST plug-in actually screws up bounce to disk. Holy crap!!

If you have the time, can you fill out the Digi Bug Submit Form.

Maybe a few others can try and confirm this on the Tyan and Asus board. Unfortunatley, I dont have the recent version of the VST wrapper. Something I'll have to bug Angus about one day.

DUY Valve will get you a good tube/valve sound. It is RTAS and stable. I use it all the time.
Shane

Actualy, this is not a Digi bug...

I would instead submit this to FXpansion.
Better yet, I would hop on the boards over at KvR, where FXpansion has their own section.

Basically, what you have encountered is the *looseness* of the VST spec, and the people who create them without someone checking their work, or requiring stringent guidelines for developing and distributing. IOW, the code for that plugin is either A: Flawed at the code level, due to the developer not following the VST SDK properly, or trying something new that isn't sitting well in something that rides a line that is close to requiring the VST plug to be...well, uhh...coded correctly; or, B: Using something within the guidelines and boundaries of being properly coded for VST(2) that the FXpansion wrapper does not translate or *read* properly.

If it is the latter, FXpansion will find the glitch, and if fixable, will do so...at least that has been my experience with them thus far. If it is the former, then you would need to contact the person(s) who wrote the plugin, and let them know the issue. They might then be able to find their own error, slight though it may be, and perhaps fix it.

Many times a VST plugin will be written that will operate within a certain tolerance, and operates *cleanly* on Steinberg products (Wavelab, Cubase, Nuendo). However, sometimes another app or wrapper will fall victim to this miscoding.

IMO, this would be a prime example of why Digidesign has not integrated VST into their apps. It is not their code, therefore they could never properly provide support for anything VST that did not work. (and personally, I am very happy they have not integrated VST into PT...and hope it stays that way...besides, FXpansion is doing a wonderful job getting around that )
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-k View Post
Sometimes ya just gotta put your tongue on the 9V battery just to see what all the fuss is about.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:47 PM

Guitardom
Quote:
yes the cpu frequency should be set to 200, and internal cache on that page should be enabled as well.
Yeah, this is set by default to 200, but yet receives a Checksum message to check it.

Thanks Guitardom. TTYL

filosofem
Old 07-31-2006, 03:44 AM

Quote:

Actualy, this is not a Digi bug...

I would instead submit this to FXpansion.
Better yet, I would hop on the boards over at KvR, where FXpansion has their own section.

Important question is which version of VST2RTAS you're running if it's v1, you're hosed. If you upgraded to V2, then they'll take the bug. V2 has PT7 support and I've found it works with every plug I've bought to date.

Bodie
iMac 3.06ghz, 16Gb, 2Tb, OSX 10.6.2
Minimoog Voyager, Liberation, Taurus, Phatty
Korgs, Nords and more
Arp 2600s & Ody
Old 07-31-2006, 12:13 PM

Quote:
yes the cpu frequency should be set to 200, and internal cache on that page should be enabled as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, this is set by default to 200, but yet receives a Checksum message to check it.

well this sucks, i can send you a copy of my bios settings if you would like to double check them, this is kinda weird.. you never changed them from the default settings it seems, are you getting any other weird errors or anything?? wonder if it could be something with one of the cpu's?? have you done a restore or anything to see if that could get rid of it?? just a couple thoughts, let me know and i can send you my bios settings.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10