Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 11-14-2006, 07:35 AM

Default Mojo plays back PAL DV as NTSC?!

Hi,

I just got a Mojo to test with my setup. When I load a DV-PAL QT-movie digitized with a canopus the Mojo outputs in NTSC. How do I switch to PAL?!

Interestingly the tracks reads 25fps under the track-name in PT but the Mojo ouputs NTSC.

Also when I make a new track in an empty session the track defaults to NTSC and there´s no way to switch to PAL.

I borrowed the Mojo from a friend who used it with an AVID. PT updated the firmware fine but eveyrthing is output as NTSC.

Frank.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:41 AM

Default Re: Mojo plays back PAL DV as NTSC?!

Frank.
Check in your session setup window. It's there that you select whether your session will be PAL or NTSC. There is a video setting here to select between the two. If you are in a completely empty session and one is greyed out then there is something else wrong. Check this with the PAL DV movie too and see if you can switch it here.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Mojo plays back PAL DV as NTSC?!

Quote:
Frank.
Check in your session setup window. It's there that you select whether your session will be PAL or NTSC. There is a video setting here to select between the two. If you are in a completely empty session and one is greyed out then there is something else wrong. Check this with the PAL DV movie too and see if you can switch it here.
hm. OK so I positively need a sync I/O. I thought for a quick test I could skip that. Interestingly the DV-PAL QT plays back in sync on my multi-format mintor in a 25fps session. Very weird.
But I wonder why the box doesn´t switch to PAL when a PAL-video is loaded...even without the sync I/O.

EDIT: after loading a native PAL MXF-file the mojo switched to PAL. even without sync I/O :-D

frank.