How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Announcements > General Announcements

Old 02-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Avid

Default A note from Avid's new CEO

-----------------
If your email address is in our customer database, you’ll have already received an email from Louis Hernandez, our new President and CEO.

Louis was eager to reach out to our worldwide community—providing initial thoughts on his new role at Avid. For those of you who did not receive the email directly, we wanted to be sure you got a chance to hear from Louis, so we’ve reprinted the customer letter in its entirety below. The letter has been posted to the Avid Audio General Announcements forum and the Avid Pro Video General Discussion & Off Topic forum today.

Note: For customers who did not receive the email and are certain their email address is listed in our customer database, please check your spam/junk folders first. It is also possible based on the email distribution that you could receive it over the next day or so. Because of this, we wanted to post it here.
-----------------

Dear Avid Community,

You may have seen an announcement earlier today about an executive leadership change at Avid. As Avid’s new President and CEO, I am writing to briefly introduce myself, and to provide some early thoughts on why I am so excited to be leading Avid at such an important time in the company’s history.

Having led many previous technology companies in a variety of complex vertical markets, I join the entire Avid team in our commitment to helping you win in the rapidly changing technology environment we all face. As a member of Avid’s Board for the past five years, I’ve had the good fortune to become familiar with many of you directly, and I am well aware that you all are the reason for our success as a company. I am also confident that the transition of leadership and customer relationships will be smooth, as Gary Greenfield will remain on the Avid Board of Directors through the end of his current term, to help ensure there will be no disruption in our current ability to meet our product delivery, service, or account commitments to all of you.

From my perspective, Avid has never been better positioned to deliver products and solutions that help meet your current and future business challenges. Over the past 25 years, Avid has built a strong heritage of industry leadership with the customers who create the most listened to, most watched, and most loved entertainment in the world. In the last several years, under the leadership of Chris Gahagan, our SVP of Products and Services, we have continued to innovate around our entire product suite. The recent addition of other senior executives such as Jeff Rosica as our SVP Worldwide Field Operations, and W. Sean Ford as our CMO and VP of Worldwide Marketing has only continued to build energy and momentum within our broad community of supporters, partners and customers. I am genuinely excited to be leading this management team, and expect even greater success in the future.

Going forward, you can expect Avid to workmore closely with you than ever before, whether it’s through our support and services teams, customer advisory board participation, partner advisory boards, or direct contact with your key Avid representatives. In addition, I will be dedicating significant time to meeting with as many of you as possible over the next few weeks and months, hearing your feedback, and understanding your strategic priorities.

I know from my time with Avid’s Board of Directors, that there is broad support and excitement in our community about the future opportunities in our industry generally and for Avid specifically. Thank you again, and I look forward to celebrating many more achievements together in the future. In the meantime, do not hesitate to reach out to me or your Avid contacts directly.

Best regards,

Louis Hernandez
President and CEO, Avid

President and CEO

Avid
75 Network Drive
Burlington, MA 01803
United States
We're Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com