Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2009, 02:48 PM

Default Lost audio files and weird auto backups... corrupt session?

Hi everyone, I'm trying to recover lost audio files for another engineer. The session was on an HD3 protools 7.2 and osx 10.4 I believe.

The session had 16 live tracks recording for several hours, up to an hour at a time. Everything looked fine at the time of the recording, opening the session later the last 30 minutes are gone. It seems like the region is cut off after a few seconds. Around this time the auto backups look funny, they are at odd intervals and the naming starts over at .00.

I ran data rescue and found what appears to be a duplicate of the cut off regions with no audio and very short. I can't find any other large WAV files.

Does this sound like a corrupt session?

Anyone seen anything like this?

Is it worth searching for non-WAV files?

Any help is appreciated,
thanks!
Old 12-09-2009, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Lost audio files and weird auto backups... corrupt session?

Are there any tech support people left?

Does anyone know if audio files are saved/recovered as wav files if a session is corrupted or crashes while recording?

thanks!
Old 12-09-2009, 05:21 PM

Drop Shorty Emcee a line... He just went through this and successfully got all of his files back. I know he was looking for someone else's files to test his repair procedure on.

Here's his thread:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=260452
Old 12-11-2009, 01:52 PM

It appears that there was a 30 min region that was cut off after 20 seconds.

The whole region was recorded but when reopening the session there is only 20 seconds there. This is at the same time as the auto backups starting over at .00

Any ideas what could cause this? I've never seen anything like it. I can't locate any deleted audio files that match.

thanks!