Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Storage Subsystems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2001, 10:06 PM

Default To DIGIDESIGN improve file handling please!!!!

Here is the situation I have a large session for a client - I have to use multiple drives to attain reliable playback - great...
Next day the client wants an alternative mix but asks me to keep the one as is - OK I do a file session save as with a new names - days later I find the files are strewn all over the place some in a folder called song1 another in song2 (alternate version).What a mess!! So I wise up next time and do a save session as with audio files copied over. Great now I have a complete copy not connected to the original - I can live with this (despite the extra disk space HOWEVER now I have to manually spread out the files accross the multiple drives to get the session to play back. CMON THIS IS CRAZY DIGI! Its the little things that make a product proffessional so what is the problem?
Also please add a check box option to allow me to choose which drives I want to record accross rather than having to unmount my non-audio drives.
Until I find a single drive solution for reliable 64 track work this is gonna be a MAJOR issue - cmon DUC members tell me I'm not alone on this quest! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]