Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid Pro Mixing General Discussion

Old 01-27-2017, 04:46 AM

Default EuCon 3.4/3.5Mouse troubles

System Specs: Win7 x64, 6700K,Z170 board, 32GB RAM

Mouse input device (Razer Mamba TE) running via USB3 hub and Razer Synapse 2 software(just for setup and graphical feedback on DPI changes)

Additional input device is a Wacom Intuos 4 m tablet.

I attempted to install and use the EuCon software 3.5, then 3.4. After each install I would restart the machine. I intended to use the Pro Tools Control App, which I had done successfully on a past machine.

After each restart the mouse cursor would run smoothly as it should up until the EuCon software ran. This was easily discoviered because exiting the EuCon software (not the MC Client software) would see the mouse return to its usual smooth movement behaviour.

The degraded mouse cursor behaviour manifested in choppy movement, sometimes only in one dimension. Essentially the system became almost unusable.

When first rebooting with EuCon 3.5 installed, I unplugged the mouse and back in to a different port. The mouse cursor would suddenly jump in a small area all over the place. Plugging the mouse in again didn't fix it, so I resorted to keyboard shortcuts to power down the system.

Having made the system unusable I had to uninstall the EuCon software.

I've never seen anything like it. What happened ?
Old 01-27-2017, 06:23 AM

Default Re: EuCon 3.4/3.5Mouse troubles

Is the hub powered? I had issues using too long extension cables so I put a powered hub for keyboard and mouse under my s3. Never had any reason to think it was Eucon related. I have a wacom tablet as well. It's not connected at the moment but I'll fire it up this weekend. Never now what will happen...

What happens if you use the Razor mouse without the Razor app (as a generic mouse just for testing)?
If it works, maybe try delayed start for the Razor app, so it only launches after Eucon has fully started?
I still have the impression Eucon is quite iffy on my Win10 machine. I never suspected the Razor, but since it acts weird from time to time I'll keep a closer eye on it.

Sorry I can`t be more helpful right now.
Old 01-27-2017, 12:59 PM

It's all on powered hubs. -edit- The Razer Synapse software is only for setup. The mouse itself controls its DPI settings and stores these silly little Chroma programs that vary the lighting on the mouse.

I might try a different mouse, but something like this happening seems ridiculous. EuCon isn't exactly winning prizes here.

Last edited by airon; 01-30-2017 at 02:34 AM.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:53 AM

@Avid support

Whether it's the EuCon control application or the MC client, after I end them, the mouse runs in a normal way.

System note:

Keyboard and mouse run off their own slots on a USB3 hub on my desk. It had the same problems on a USB2 hub(all powered) that ran through that USB3 hub.

The behaviour is identical with every mouse or mouse-like input device I tested. Logitech G5, an old pilot mouse and the mentioned Razer Mamba TE. That last ones software was not running during the tests.

Bonus fun is when you unplug the current mouse and plugin in a new one. Then the mouse cursor begins to wobble onscreen. The mouse movement acts like a it's pushing an ice skater. The mouse cursor will travel across the screen until it stops foward motion and continues to wobble.

What the f**k is happening ? No other software has managed to perform such crap. I'll try to procure EuCon 3.3 and try again.

Last edited by airon; 01-30-2017 at 03:04 AM.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:59 AM

Sounds nasty. I haven't found anything concrete yet, but I might have some related findings so far.

On my system it seems the Wacom (pen&touch, so not exactly the same device as yours) is having some issues with Eucon.

1) I got some Eucon crashes mentioning a service 'bonjour'. If I remember correctly this windows service is used by the wacom devices. I do remember it was because of those errors I stopped using the wacom in the first place.

2) over the weekend I got introduced to a new eucon/s3 bug where I couldn't write automation in preview mode during playback. After playback stops, it writes fine. The strange thing is I have the impression (further testing will be needed the coming days) this only happens with the wacom connected.

So I'm just wondering if there's specific reasons to believe the razor is the culprit. Have you tried using the razor without the wacom connected? Also, have you seen any bonjour related errors/crashes?

Maybe we're onto different issues, just trying to help and sort out issues here...
Old 02-09-2017, 06:39 PM

I'll try out EuCon again without the Wacom tablet installed. Since I'm only using the Pro Tools Control as a EuCon device I'm not losing much , so I might just drop any and all plans to use EuCon any longer because of what looks like a EuCon bug.

My Wacom is on a USB2 hub that is hooked up to the same USB3 hub that my mouse runs directly off of. The Wacom drives are up to date.

I guess it's worth a try, just to see what happens .
Old 02-10-2017, 04:32 AM

Good luck! I'll keep you posted if I find out more myself. For now I've been working without the Wacom a couple of days and haven't encountered the Eucon automation bug. So I'll hook up the Wacom tonight again and see what happens over the weekend.

Also, if you would disconnect the Wacom and reconnect it later, I guess it might we worth keeping your eyes open for 'Bonjour' related errors.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:14 AM

Hi,

I'm sorry I didn't get back to this earlier, simply because hand`t found anything new. Until yesterday (not a major catch, but might be something).
I was having lots of Eucon and AVE crashes yesterday and instances where Eucon failed communicating to Protools (all buttons, faders, olds on s3 and Transport seemed to be working perfectly, but none of the information got through to protools).

After a couple of reboots, windows was just starting up and initializing services. At that point I powered my US20x20 usb3 soundcard, and I ran into the exact mouse behavior you mentioned earlier. Extremely lagging and jumpy, totally unusable. It lasted for a couple of seconds only, then Eucon crashed and all of a sudden the mouse behavior was perfectly normal again. I sent Eucon crash reports with description of what happened to Avid.

Wacom was`t connected at the time.

So, no clear solution, but at least confirmation that you're not alone facing this issue.

All the best,
Yoerik
Old 04-13-2017, 11:25 PM

Just updated windows 10 to the latest creator update and now I'm having mouse issues with eucon also. I was on EUControl 3.4.1 and windows 10 anniversary update before (when everything just worked), update to 3.5 after I've updated windows to see if that would fix the issue.. and nop. If Eucontrol is ON, can't double click, drop down menus don't work, in edge or chrome web links don't work.. as soon as I turn Eucontrol off, everything works.

Mouse is a wired USB working with the standard HID compliant driver... after doing some research I see that this issue has been around for a long long time. There must be some weird resource conflict with the drivers somehow. I've tried wireless mouse with it's own driver, tried switching usb port, disconnection every usb device on my computer, removing all registry entries from previous eucon installation, removing mouse drivers from the device manager and re installing it... nothing worked
Old 04-14-2017, 07:59 AM

Default EuCon 3.4/3.5Mouse troubles

Bsteeve; Same issue here. 3.6 should fix. Should be released soon. Contact EddieJones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro