Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2015, 03:59 PM

Default Re: My sessions all seem to crash, plugins are too much...external hardrive?

thats one of the main reason's i didn't go out right away and get a external because I figured the ssd would be enough
Old 10-21-2015, 04:03 PM

Default Re: My sessions all seem to crash, plugins are too much...external hardrive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tronic21 View Post
thats one of the main reason's i didn't go out right away and get a external because I figured the ssd would be enough
Of course it will run better later on when you get a good SSD drive via Thunderbolt but that is 100% not the issue here.

What happens if you disable the plugins and add one at a time to see if one of them are bad and need updating?

Also try open up thesame session with the focusrite interface disconnected and usethe internal soundcard. Then we know what if any issues are with Focusrite drivers.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-21-2015, 04:03 PM

by monitors I meant the mbp screen and another monitor through hdmi i know that stuff is probably not important but I'm throwing everything out there in case something sticks and I find out what is going wrong, I know it has something to do with the plugins but I don't know why, when I start up and hit select and all of them are inactive it works fine and responds great but, no matter what I do, erase old preferences, Reinstall everything, it just doesn't work, I have even started a new session and imported the other tracks and session info into that one, I have tried a new log in account on my mac, I have fixed permissions and the drive just about everything I can think of
Old 10-21-2015, 04:06 PM

I have done that, and sometimes it will work when they are off and I add amplitube it crashes then I'll take that out and it works fine then I'll add amplitube again and it will work, then I'll take out ez drummer and it works then it won't I mean it just picks and chooses what plugins work and don't work, I have used the eleven plug in from avid, that seems to work, but if i use boom or something like that it will stop responding as well, so I have tried adding one at a time, but it doesn't seem to be giving me the same responses consistently
Old 10-21-2015, 04:10 PM

What settings do you have in the buffer size for example. If you use heavy VI you might need to set the buffer to 512 or higher.

Also if you ONLY use the internal soundcard, pull out the Focusrite?

AND - Try all these variations with NO HDMI connected as sometimes PT will revert to HDMI and think thats a interface and horrible things happen.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-21-2015, 04:23 PM

I bumped the buffer to 512 disconnected the focusrite and hdmi and same thing as soon as the session opens, it starts spinning and says immediately pro tools not responding when I do the option command esc, when I say immediately i mean some of I don't even get a chance to move the mouse sometimes before it happens, maybe I should reinstall pro tools again for the 7th time, I'm running out of ideas, maybe my computer is shot, I fix the permissions and when I verify the disk it says its fine...Its either that or the computer doesn't like me, I never did anything to it though lol
Old 10-21-2015, 04:31 PM

ok well I'm at 5 minutes on this session and it hasn't crashed YET with the HDMI out, what I did was started pro tools holding shift, then turned one back on at a time, saving it right after each one was turned on, I don't know if it is solved but this is the longes the session has been working for like 2 days now
Old 10-21-2015, 04:32 PM

even if I don't get this fixed I want to thank you very much for helping me
Old 10-21-2015, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tronic21 View Post
even if I don't get this fixed I want to thank you very much for helping me
Of course

I still suspect that the problem lays with the HDMI monitor as PT sometimes jump on the HDMI and looks for a interface so leave that out for a while and do the testing. If it doesn't crash then we know that the HDMI connection is the culprit.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-21-2015, 04:45 PM

ok well fingers crossed, thank you again