How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 01-22-2019, 11:05 AM

Default Edit Widow Doesn't Behave Normally

Hello Guys,
I just upgraded my System and now on high sierra / PT2018.12.0
Usually, when I place a marker while all on my keyboard I usually press NumEnter, then I re-press NumEnter to close the Marker windows and continue moving with the nudge key, to place another marker; But here I Find myself out of the Edit Window and can't nudge any more, I have to Mouse click the Edit window so I continue my nudge and mark ..

I looked everywhere couldn't find a place to tick or untick to get the "focus" to stay on the edit window...

Any help is welcomed ...
Old 01-22-2019, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Edit Widow Doesn't Behave Normally

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViTheVault View Post
Hello Guys,
I just upgraded my System and now on high sierra / PT2018.12.0
Usually, when I place a marker while all on my keyboard I usually press NumEnter, then I re-press NumEnter to close the Marker windows and continue moving with the nudge key, to place another marker; But here I Find myself out of the Edit Window and can't nudge any more, I have to Mouse click the Edit window so I continue my nudge and mark ..

I looked everywhere couldn't find a place to tick or untick to get the "focus" to stay on the edit window...

Any help is welcomed ...
ok, here is what i found just now .. and i found it with a Google Search .. and since i am on a macbook pro right now this is for that but i think it should help you too ..

1) to Add Marker .. FN / Return key
2) Nudging .. , & .

i tried as you described and works here ..

nudge to a spot, add marker, dismiss marker using return key and my Edit Window is in Focus again !! i do not need to click in the eidt window as you do ..

pro tools 2018.12.0.307 is version i am on ... sierra 10.12.6

hope this helps .. let me know if i am tresting incorrectly !!

cheers john

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 01-23-2019, 02:18 AM

Hello John,

Thanks for your time and effort;

I just tried it again this morning and even if there's no other (PT)window open; After I dismiss the marker the Edit window is not the active one; So I can not nudge again...

And what I'm looking for is that tick in some settings, Options or preference that would bring back the focus on the edit window...

Correction: I just spend 10 new min. on it;
And seems it's the Edit/Tool Mode Keyboard Lock in the Options Menu That makes it work...
The funny part is that I unticked the Edit/Tool Mode Keyboard lock and it continues to work... So seems That ticking the option rewired the commands as they should have been ... Maybe what I lived was just a bug...
Or maybe I'm the bug! with this kind of stability, you never know who's the crazy one!
Old 01-23-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViTheVault View Post
Hello John,

Thanks for your time and effort;

I just tried it again this morning and even if there's no other (PT)window open; After I dismiss the marker the Edit window is not the active one; So I can not nudge again...

And what I'm looking for is that tick in some settings, Options or preference that would bring back the focus on the edit window...

Correction: I just spend 10 new min. on it;
And seems it's the Edit/Tool Mode Keyboard Lock in the Options Menu That makes it work...
The funny part is that I unticked the Edit/Tool Mode Keyboard lock and it continues to work... So seems That ticking the option rewired the commands as they should have been ... Maybe what I lived was just a bug...
Or maybe I'm the bug! with this kind of stability, you never know who's the crazy one!
i just tried it here ... and On or Off with the Edit Lock Tool ... same behavior ... it works fine and as it should .. something else must have been a factor ..

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 11-06-2019, 07:04 AM

Any definitive answer on this one?

I've tried the Ed.it/Tool Mode Keyboard lock on/off and it's not changing the behaviour

Very frustrating., especially with loads of markers to put into a session.

Cheers