Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2016, 07:32 AM

Default Re: When can we expect HD Core Audio to be fixed for Mac OS X El Capitan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
Yes. I just tracked a new project and used 10 Unison pres (API Vision Channels), lightpiped into my HD I/O and it sounded fantastic.

96k session, 64 sample buffer.

Core Audio driver? They are def aware and working on it.
API from what I remember when I had my SF apollo, was pretty light on the DSP chips. So you connected your Apollo to the Digital card? b/c the chassis ADAT doesn't support SMUX from what I remember?

Man I am hijacking this bigtime.....Sorry.

Ontopic It's good to know that they are working on it.....
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:44 AM

Default Re: When can we expect HD Core Audio to be fixed for Mac OS X El Capitan?

What is a SF Apollo ?

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-11-2016, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
What is a SF Apollo ?
Silver Face

Sorry, meant to type 48k.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:54 AM

Aha Thanks

Thought we missed something cool from UA

Email you in the morning Drew.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-13-2016, 11:05 PM

Is there any way to maybe change the Package Contents of the HAL CoreAudio.plugin to get around the shutdown issue? Or some kind of Library/Preferences/plst change?

Im now just moving the plugin in and out of the HAL folder to a HAL (unused) folder each day.
There has to be thousands of people out there with HDX and Native cards and frozen Macs...
Undoubtedly, most customers use other software, in addition to Pro Tools with their HDX or Native Cards...

Even an explanation, not even a solution, from an Avid rep would, as a customer, help. Even an explanation as to why I don't matter as a customer...
Old 10-24-2016, 08:00 PM

I haven't been in this forum in a while, does avid actually monitor this forum. How could so many plead for this system to return yet they insist on ignoring us all. That suggests to me that they have no intention of bringing the much needed feature back.Could it really be that complicated to make something like it was? Very disheartening after just upgrading my old PT10 TDM system to 12.6 HD and a new Mac Pro.

I have heard about how unresponsive avid can be but this is obviously not a priority for them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2016, 03:27 PM

Although all the work is finalized in PT HDX we are using Live, Reason, Studio One and DP (each has its own strengths depending on a given project)... Core Audio was working just fine (well except for Apple audio) until we upgraded to 12.6 ...now its totally broken
We are fed up and just ordered the Thunderbolt Resident Audio T2 unit just so we can work on those other DAWs...
It is redundant and sad that we have to add more third party hardware, after having had invested thousands of dollars in PT HDX and Avid IOs.
FIX THIS AVID!
Old 10-26-2016, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1 View Post
Although all the work is finalized in PT HDX we are using Live, Reason, Studio One and DP (each has its own strengths depending on a given project)... Core Audio was working just fine (well except for Apple audio) until we upgraded to 12.6 ...now its totally broken
We are fed up and just ordered the Thunderbolt Resident Audio T2 unit just so we can work on those other DAWs...
It is redundant and sad that we have to add more third party hardware, after having had invested thousands of dollars in PT HDX and Avid IOs.
FIX THIS AVID!
What version PT did you upgrade from and are you on El Cap ? Currently I am on 12.4 and Yosemite and Reason still works , although Final Cut Pro X does not . I was thinking of going to 12.6 and possibly Sierra but this is just more bad news.

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 10-26-2016, 05:24 AM

I think we'll see some movement here soon. Avid already released (via AppMan) a Sierra compatible HD Driver.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=385699

So the Core Audio Driver will hopefully follow close behind.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
I think we'll see some movement here soon. Avid already released (via AppMan) a Sierra compatible HD Driver.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=385699

So the Core Audio Driver will hopefully follow close behind.
I hope you are correct. I don't work with Final Cut all that much and luckily I have Mavericks installed on one of HDD's in my Mac pro for when I do. But It would be nice to able to not have to completely reboot to do so, and use my Pcie SSD boot drive for everything.

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...