Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2010, 07:35 AM

Default Re: 8.0.3 = Tons of Static

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris75 View Post
Digi,
Is there a way we can consoldate all of these White Noise Burst posts into a common thread where we can all try and figure it out? At the moment they are scattered all over the DUC.

^^^^^I've yet to not understand why the admins never do that^^^^^

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 01-28-2010, 01:01 PM

After now 5 days of clearing all the 6031 errors. Its stable and solid except now I get these white noise bursts. I never ever had this before. It seems so like clock sync loss sound to me.

I restart Pt and im good for a while then bam!! Say goodbye to my genelec tweets if this keeps up. I am scared now to listen at my normal volumes. CRAP!!!

Man it its not one thing its another.

I voted at www.deardigi.com
Old 01-28-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullsound Recording View Post
After now 5 days of clearing all the 6031 errors. Its stable and solid except now I get these white noise bursts. I never ever had this before. It seems so like clock sync loss sound to me.

I restart Pt and im good for a while then bam!! Say goodbye to my genelec tweets if this keeps up. I am scared now to listen at my normal volumes. CRAP!!!

Man it its not one thing its another.
Just out of curiosity, what is your audio drive, (type and Manufacture etc.) and what HDD controller is it using. My white noise bursts were from my eSATA controller, I googled the controller type and other people had problems with that company (not at that computer right now.) and audio. I switched the drive to internal on a seperate controler and no more noise.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by necjamc View Post
Just out of curiosity, what is your audio drive, (type and Manufacture etc.) and what HDD controller is it using. My white noise bursts were from my eSATA controller, I googled the controller type and other people had problems with that company (not at that computer right now.) and audio. I switched the drive to internal on a seperate controler and no more noise.
it's a JMicron Technology JMB361 Controller
Old 01-28-2010, 03:17 PM

BARACUDA 7200 RPM INTERNAL 32MB CACH. ICH INTEL

VERY FAST AND MUCH USED IB THE AV industry.

Its a clocking thing im have so heard this noise in systems loose clock sync.

Old 01-28-2010, 03:21 PM

ok, just checking, my error was identified by digi and m-audio as a clock issue and it went away with the change in hdd (from eSATA to internal SATA on a different controller.) I just wanted to see if it could be the same for you, oh well i tried.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:46 PM

I dont get how an HD data transfer isue relates to a clocking issue.

Im confused by thier staing this. Your fixed and thats great but again the two just diont connect to me. But im just s silly Record Producer..

:)
'

Old 01-28-2010, 05:24 PM

I couldn't tell you why they would possibly have anything to do with each other, but I compared my "Static White Noise" with what people posted (audio files) and they were the same. My only thought would be (just a thought) is the DAE engine was some how getting the clock screwed up while writing audio to the drive? Or PT itself was getting screwed up and causing the clock issue. It is certainly sounding like a clock issue. I can only speak for what worked and didn't on my system. I saw so many posts on this, Digi said in a support email that it sounded like a clock issue, and I had an adat attached at the time but after removing all outside clock sources it remained until I stopped using the eSATA controller and put the HDD on the internal sata controller.

That's about the entirety of my knowledge of the subject and I wish I could be of more help
Old 01-28-2010, 07:05 PM

it has nothin to do with sata vs esata...happens on either...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 01-28-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keybeeetsss View Post
it has nothin to do with sata vs esata...happens on either...
I'm sure your right but I'm going nuts with why I havn't gotten it once sense I move the audio drive to internal SATA, I have PT open at least 4 to 5 hours a day, I use eleven and looping to learn my guitar parts, and record and haven't gotten it in over 3 weeks, but with the eSATA drive (same drive, just using a thermaltake sata to esata external device) I would get it alot on larger sessions, but only during alot of edits on the smaller ones.

I really don't know how they could have any effect on each other, but it worked for me,

butttttttt....... Now I want to know why every one has the same bug with a different outcome, or reason.
Sorry if I am taking up your time, I just want to help, and I am the type of person that HAS to know why things are the way they are. lol