Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Administrator

Default Pro Tools LE 7.1 Update

Pro Tools LE 7.1 Updates for Mac OS X and Windows XP Now Available

For details and downloads, please see the following page:

Pro Tools LE 7.1 Updates

Pro Tools LE 7.1 includes all Pro Tools LE 7.0.cs1 through 7.0cs5 fixes, plus the following new or enhanced features:

Default Track Timebase when Creating New Tracks

When creating tracks with the New Track command, the Track Timebase (samples or ticks) will default to the timebase that was last used for the track type in the New Track dialog.

In addition, when creating new audio tracks with the Import > Audio to Track command or by dragging audio files into the timeline, the Track Timebase (samples or ticks) will default to the New Track dialog’s last used timebase for audio tracks. Exceptions are tick-based file formats (such as ACID and REX files), which will default to ticks.

Support for Co-Installation of Pro Tools LE and M-Powered on the Same Computer

Pro Tools LE 7.1 and Pro Tools M-Powered 7.1 can be installed on the same Digidesign-qualified computer.
Co-installation is only supported when Pro Tools LE and M-Powered have the exact same version number.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:26 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE 7.1 Update

Have the "Audio Record or Playback Volume Error" issues been also addressed with the new 7.1 Digidesign database file format on the drives?
What would happen if such a "7.1" external drive would be taken to another studio still running PT7.0?
Old 03-10-2006, 01:35 AM

How about the Quad issue? Is it fixed in 7.1 version? In other words, can the Quad be used with 256 and lower hardware buffers without the increased cpu load phenomenon of 7.0 version?
Old 03-10-2006, 06:55 AM

That's exactly what I'm wondering. Really hoping the Quad issue has been fixed.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:32 AM

Did any of you get word of this update in your e-mails by chance? I registered my product and didn't get any word of it in my e-mail. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:53 AM

Hello--

I've been waiting with baited breath for 7.1, cause 7.0 has been lousy on my single processor MDD 1.25GHz computer (1.75GB of RAM).

Given the limited claims re the 7.1 upgrade, is digidesign implicitly saying that 7.1 doesn't address the issues that those of us unlucky enough to have single processor computers have faced?

In other words has the issue described in the following quote from the press release re "RTAS Improvements in 7.0" been "fixed" as digi "hope[d]" would happen "as soon as possible":

"Final release testing of Pro Tools 7.0 has shown that there are some performance issues with certain RTAS plug-ins when used with single processor computers. Instance counts on OS X-based LE systems may show a small decrease with certain plug-ins; Windows XP-based LE systems may incur a small performance hit as well with these plug-ins. All plug-ins tested show significant instance count gains on dual-processor computers. Digidesign is actively looking at these issues and hopes to have a fix for this as soon as possible."

I will try 7.1 soon to see for myself if its better (i.e., the actual improvement in RTAS, not worsening, manifests), but I just wanted digi's official take on this issue. Apologies if I missed this elsewhere on the DUC.

thanks!
mp
Old 03-10-2006, 11:18 AM

So let me get this straight! If I own DV Toolkit 1 and I want to upgrade to PTLE 7.1 I loose DV toolkit and need to upgrade to DV toolkit 2. However there is no mention of Multi-track Beat detective and sound replacer in the DV toolkit 2 Data sheet. So does that mean if I want those features, I need to purchase the Music production bundle too? How can that work? this means that I need to fork out $495 for the MPT and $295 for the DV toolkit 2 upgrade?

That's $790

Why do I need to pay for the plugins in both twice?

Makes no sense!

I need the Beat detective and Soundreplacer features in MPT but I don't want to loose my DV toolkit 1 features??? More over I need the G5 Quad fixes in PTLE 7.1 so I'm being forced to upgrade to DV Toolkit 2. But I really wanted the features in MPT
Old 03-10-2006, 11:32 AM

Quote:
How can that work? this means that I need to fork out $495 for the MPT and $295 for the DV toolkit 2 upgrade?

Hi mate, did you say $295 for DV TOOLKIT 2 upgrade? from DV TOOLKIT 1 ?? where did you get news abt this? I've got DV TOOLKIT 1 !!

Thanks!
Old 03-10-2006, 11:44 AM

Click on the 7.1 upgrade link at the top of this page and then scroll down to DV Toolkit 2 Product announcement and go down to ...To purchase DV Toolkit 2 and at the end you'll see $295.

It's hard to find the correct info I know!
Old 03-10-2006, 12:26 PM

Default DV TOOLKIT upgrade from 1 to 2

GREAT!! I see it in the news now! Thanks HYPE! Wondering when will it be available in Digistore.. I'm hoping it's earlier than May 06!!