Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2019, 06:58 AM

Default HDX card not recognized

I had some sort of event last week, which I originally thought was a dying SSD. After almost a week of trying to get my system boot disk back together I'm slowly getting back to normal, and it's been a royal PITA. I have my Mac Pro 5,1 running High Sierra and PT Ultimate 2019.5 as it had been happily since 2019.5 became available. At this point there is only my 1TB SSD in the computer, my HDX card and my video card. The system will run PTHD as a native program but is not recognizing my HDX card or my HD IO.

Here are the steps I've taken:

Reset SCM or SMC, or whatever it is.
Reset PRAM several times
Trashed PT Prefs using PT Prefs 2
Trashed DigiDal.kext
Reinstalled the HD driver 2019.5 many times
Reinstalled the entire PTHD Ultimate package
All my iLok permissions are correct

At one point About This Mac System Report said "driver installed: yes" but that changed to no shortly afterwards, and has stayed no. Is there a way to uninstall the driver? I'm not seeing one. I also thought about uninstalling old versions of PTHD, of which there is at least one - version 10 which I don't need. I don't know how to do that thoroughly-is there an uninstaller somewhere? Any other thoughts? Is my card toast?

Thanks.