Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 07-25-2005, 08:42 PM

Default PT LE and UAD-1 Card

Does anyone have the magic quick fix for latency issues with Universal Audio's UAD-1 powered plugs. I have been fooling the Delay Compensation plug-in, but it is such a pain. Physically moveing the tracks seems easier, but not ideal if I want to cange something later. I love the plugs and would almost rather use a different sequencer that is more UA friendly.

Any sugestions?
Thanks
Old 08-04-2005, 11:19 AM

Default Re: PT LE and UAD-1 Card

I don't think there is any 'workaround' for the UAD-1 Latency issue. As far as I know, using the Delay Comp insert on every track is the way to go. One helpful tip I gleaned from the UA website is to insert the Delay Comp plug on every track and set the number of plugs to 5.

Then, each time you add a UA plug to a track, reduce the 5 by and increment of 1 on that same track and everything will hold its place in the mix. So if you have a track with 3 UA plugs active on it the Delay Comp on that track would be set at 2. If you had another track with 1 UA plug on it, the Delay Comp on that track would be set at 4, etc...

This organization method is the most convenient one I have found to use.

Until PTLE offers full delay compensation, there pretty much is this method and the one for advancing regions in the edit window (which I have never tried...)

Hope this helps. And by the way, I think the UA plugins are WELL worth the 'hassle' of the Delay Comp issue.

GregJ