Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2010, 05:50 AM

Default TC/E or Elastic Audio

I have some background vocals that need to be stretched to match the lead vocal. I can do this with the TC/E trimming tool or with elastic audio. TC/E is less of an effort. Is there a reason to prefer elastic audio over TC/E tool for this task?
Old 05-18-2010, 05:55 AM

Default Re: TC/E or Elastic Audio

If I remember correctly the waveform disappears when you use TC/E, and for that alone I prefer EA. I also think EA monophonic sounds good on backing vocals.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildplum View Post
I have some background vocals that need to be stretched to match the lead vocal. I can do this with the TC/E trimming tool or with elastic audio. TC/E is less of an effort. Is there a reason to prefer elastic audio over TC/E tool for this task?
you can also line up syllable by syllable if necessary, using EA... comes in handy when syncing poorly sung or played parts. SB
Old 05-18-2010, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyBass View Post
you can also line up syllable by syllable if necessary, using EA... comes in handy when syncing poorly sung or played parts. SB
The other day - mix recall for finicky artist. One line of a double vocal (female background singer doubling the male lead) was a touch out of pocket - and during tracking, the producer thought it was cool. Artist began to really hate that part. One tweak with EA and crisis was averted. It comes in real handy, the EA stuff. I would have been playing for 5-10 minutes to get the TCE just right. 5 seconds of EA did the trick (I consolidated that line, put it on a new track, EA'd it, and put it back almost in as much time as this post took from my iPhone) :)