Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2009, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Digidesign - Coming September 23rd. Guitar players: Prepare to change your game..

Being a drummer, I've been picked on by git-pickers all of my life.. if you think I'm not gonna have a bit of fun with this you're mistaken
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 09-14-2009, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Digidesign - Coming September 23rd. Guitar players: Prepare to change your game..

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
Being a drummer, I've been picked on by git-pickers all of my life.. if you think I'm not gonna have a bit of fun with this you're mistaken
Picked on because you're a drummer? Then you've been hanging out with morons...

I'm a singer/guitar/bass player and my wife is a drummer
- Mac OS X 10.5.8, Pro Tools LE 8.0.1;
- Addictive Drums 1.1.0, POD Farm, Kontakt 3.5, Melodyne Plugin, Sonalksis (All), T-Racks 3 Deluxe;
Issues:
Random errors of Lost Communication, invalid clock and RTAS CPU (even below 25% usage).
D-Verb 2.0 test:
About 55 (11 tracks) at 1024.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:01 PM

But will it work with Essential?

Gotta agree with peppertree this would be an outstanding use of DSP chips and the TDM ports already been done. A external DSP host would be very cool. If this is actually the case I would say A) Port those AIR VI's over immediately and give folks something like the Muse receptor. If its standalone or rewirable you may find some $ales outside of PT.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 09-14-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post

Gotta agree with peppertree this would be an outstanding use of DSP chips and the TDM ports already been done. A external DSP host would be very cool. If this is actually the case I would say A) Port those AIR VI's over immediately and give folks something like the Muse receptor. If its standalone or rewirable you may find some $ales outside of PT.
If it WAS that, I don't think they would viral-market it as a "guitar player product"...
- Mac OS X 10.5.8, Pro Tools LE 8.0.1;
- Addictive Drums 1.1.0, POD Farm, Kontakt 3.5, Melodyne Plugin, Sonalksis (All), T-Racks 3 Deluxe;
Issues:
Random errors of Lost Communication, invalid clock and RTAS CPU (even below 25% usage).
D-Verb 2.0 test:
About 55 (11 tracks) at 1024.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:00 PM

Interesting timing. MOTU just came out with this for DP7.
http://www.motu.com/products/software/dp/new-70.html

i just hope whatever it is that it coincides with a Snow Leopard update! i need it desperately for my Digi 003.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
[B][SIZE="6"]Guitar players: Prepare to change your game...
lessons in reading music?
Old 09-14-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwittman View Post
lessons in reading music?

What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 09-14-2009, 08:46 PM

Guitar players: Prepare to change your game..

That's it!!! All guitar players are going to become accountants... or at least... something else!
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 09-14-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post

Notice that nothing AIR has done is for TDM format...this is perhaps the one thing they will keep in that format, and then, only internally to this particular ("new legacy" ) hardware.

There hasta be something for the residual TDM programmers onboard to do and be proud of (they do have VENUE). I wonder if the layoffs in October were partly of TDM coders.
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and native DAWs stretch far away.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppertree View Post
Notice that nothing AIR has done is for TDM format...this is perhaps the one thing they will keep in that format, and then, only internally to this particular ("new legacy" ) hardware.

There hasta be something for the residual TDM programmers onboard to do and be proud of (they do have VENUE). I wonder if the layoffs in October were partly of TDM coders.
I'm very aware that the air stuff is not currently TDM...

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88