How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2013, 03:28 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: Plug ins Missing (Kontakt, POD Farm) from Pro Tools 10 Plug-in list

You need to reinstall the free Kontakt player, which shows up with my other plug-ins in both the RTAS and AAX folders:
Kontakt 5.dpm
Kontakt 5.aaxplugin

Both are version 5.2.0 (which is still 32-bit, so both will work with Pro Tools 10, but not 11)
Old 09-17-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
You need to reinstall the free Kontakt player, which shows up with my other plug-ins in both the RTAS and AAX folders:
Kontakt 5.dpm
Kontakt 5.aaxplugin

Both are version 5.2.0 (which is still 32-bit, so both will work with Pro Tools 10, but not 11)
I only have Kontakt 4! The stand-alone version works fine, still not seeing Absynth/Battery ect... on the insert list of PT10.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smythmakesmusic View Post
I cant find the .dpm files for Kontakt or POD Farm, I have the folder open with the .dpm files showing up. It looks like most everything is in the "Shared" folder.
Quote:
No Komplete, no POD farm!!!!! AHAHHAHAHAHHAHA
Did you look at the path I told you to look at for the .dpm plugins? They have to be there. Of course this is assuming you installed the RTAS versions of the NI plugins. Aside from Kontakt 4 you haven't given us whatever else you have from NI on your machine and how old the product is. It sounds like you possibly don't have anything from Komplete 8 or K9. Kontakt 5 was the first Kontakt version to have aax support so your K4 is RTAS only assuming you installed the RTAS version.

QAPLA!
Old 09-17-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Did you look at the path I told you to look at for the .dpm plugins? They have to be there. Of course this is assuming you installed the RTAS versions of the NI plugins. Aside from Kontakt 4 you haven't given us whatever else you have from NI on your machine and how old the product is. It sounds like you possibly don't have anything from Komplete 8 or K9. Kontakt 5 was the first Kontakt version to have aax support so your K4 is RTAS only assuming you installed the RTAS version.
I don't see any thing that says Kontakt in the .dpm folder. When I first installed PT10 all of my plug-ins worked fine, but when I updated to Mountain Lion nothing worked anymore. I tried re-installing PT but that didn't work. PLEASE HELP~!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2013-09-17 at 6.12.24 PM.jpg (38.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-17-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2013-09-17 at 5.53.24 PM.jpg (60.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-18-2013, 03:42 AM

Quote:
I don't see any thing that says Kontakt in the .dpm folder. When I first installed PT10 all of my plug-ins worked fine, but when I updated to Mountain Lion nothing worked anymore. I tried re-installing PT but that didn't work. PLEASE HELP~!
What version of OSX did you update from?
When you re-installed PT 10 this was after you updated to ML right? Did you do an uninstall of PT 10 before that?
And again - where in all this OSX update to Mountain Lion did you install your NI plugins and did you install the RTAS plugins?
Check with NI whether your plugins are compatible with ML.

QAPLA!
Old 09-20-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
What version of OSX did you update from?
When you re-installed PT 10 this was after you updated to ML right? Did you do an uninstall of PT 10 before that?
And again - where in all this OSX update to Mountain Lion did you install your NI plugins and did you install the RTAS plugins?
Check with NI whether your plugins are compatible with ML.

After I updated to ML, I opened PT10 and I couldn't find my usual samples like Kontakt/Battery or POD Farm, so I re-installed PT and still no luck. The stand alone programs still work, but I can't create an Instrument Track and find it under inserts. Should I move something around? Is Komplete 7 not working on ML?
Old 09-20-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
After I updated to ML, I opened PT10 and I couldn't find my usual samples like Kontakt/Battery or POD Farm, so I re-installed PT and still no luck. The stand alone programs still work, but I can't create an Instrument Track and find it under inserts. Should I move something around? Is Komplete 7 not working on ML?
Komplete anything is just a collection of various component programs like Kontakt, Absynth, etc. You have to check each version to see if they're compatible with ML.

As I asked before - what version of OSX did you update from? Also you may have to uninstall and re-install Komplete. And don't forget to install the RTAS version of the plugs - it's possible to just install certain plugin formats when installing NI stuff and if you didn't check RTAS in the installer then that's why you don't have anything inside PT.

QAPLA!
Old 09-20-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Komplete anything is just a collection of various component programs like Kontakt, Absynth, etc. You have to check each version to see if they're compatible with ML.

As I asked before - what version of OSX did you update from? Also you may have to uninstall and re-install Komplete. And don't forget to install the RTAS version of the plugs - it's possible to just install certain plugin formats when installing NI stuff and if you didn't check RTAS in the installer then that's why you don't have anything inside PT.
I updated from Lion to ML. I guess I'll just bite the bullet and re-install. If it fails I'm blaming you!

Thanks for the tips, Ill try looking for the RTAS checkbox during installation.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:

WAIT! I found this folder with .vst, is this it???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2013-09-20 at 10.20.15 PM.jpg (52.1 KB, 0 views)