Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2017, 05:01 AM

Default PTHD 12 activation rollback

I've purchased PTHD12 to upgrade my system as I'm running 12.5 and wanted to finally go up. It's a new perpetual license with annual support. I didn't upgrade my current license but bought new one instead as I want to use second DAW to run VI and 12.5 would be fine for this system.
After updating everything to 12.7.1 I found out that I miss Digilink I/O license to run.
I've searched all paperwork I have from my 2xHD I/O & HD sync interfaces but haven't found any activation card for this particular license.

So... now I have PTHD12 license with upgrade and support plan on which (U&S plan) clock is ticking and I had to rollback to 12.5 anyway. I ended up with a choice to spend another $299 or not using a product that I've purchased & can not return!!!

My question to Avid folks is... would it be possible to rollback the activation of this license until I figure out what I want to do. I was really disappointed to find out I have to spend another $300 (after spending a lot for PTHD12 license). On the top of that I do own HD I/O interfaces what frustrates me even more. To be honest I'm about to give up on PT rig.

Your new license policy (Avid) is very complex, at least not straight forward...
What are my options now, beside having U&S plan ticking and licenses on account I can't use???
Can I rollback the activation until I figure out what to do?

Thanks in advance for response.

cheers,
JB

Last edited by jarekb; 06-16-2017 at 07:41 AM.