Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 12-10-2019, 12:50 AM

Default No plug-in search for AudioSuite?

Searching for plug-ins was introduced in 2018.7 and is a great feature.
However, this only seems to work when creating inserts, am I right?
Here it doesn't seem to work on AudioSuite plugins...
And I'm on version 2019.10.
Did they forget to implement it there as well?
Old 12-10-2019, 12:58 AM

Default Re: No plug-in search for AudioSuite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJENSEN View Post
What do you mean ”there aswell” ?? Where else did they ”forget” to implement the search function!? No it doesn’t excist in AS but who cares, there aren’t many plugins there so a search for that section seem a bit waste of resources when there are many way more important things to fix and implement line ARA2. Track Folders. Midi upgrades. Make EA stable and much better implementation. ... and so on ...

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-10-2019, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
What do you mean ”there aswell” ?? Where else did they ”forget” to implement the search function!? No it doesn’t excist in AS but who cares, there aren’t many plugins there so a search for that section seem a bit waste of resources when there are many way more important things to fix and implement line ARA2. Track Folders. Midi upgrades. Make EA stable and much better implementation. ... and so on ...
Don't be that guy.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:23 AM

Completely with you, there, Christopher.

But trying to stick to the topic: 'There as well', as it pops up at least in two places:
- The AudioSuite menu in Pro Tools.
- Within an actual AudioSuite plugin window's plugin selector dropdown.

And on the contrary, I do have quite a few AudioSuite plugins, e.g. for sound restoration, etc. So you really have to know their exact location as you have to go through the AudioSuite menu structure to find any plugin. Let me know if you know of any workaround.

For me it's just another example of the half work Avid tends to do. They're adding (in this case) great features, but degrade the consistency within the program. This place it works like this, that place it works like that, you see.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Completely with you, there, Christopher.

But trying to stick to the topic: 'There as well', as it pops up at least in two places:
- The AudioSuite menu in Pro Tools.
- Within an actual AudioSuite plugin window's plugin selector dropdown.

And on the contrary, I do have quite a few AudioSuite plugins, e.g. for sound restoration, etc. So you really have to know their exact location as you have to go through the AudioSuite menu structure to find any plugin. Let me know if you know of any workaround.

For me it's just another example of the half work Avid tends to do. They're adding (in this case) great features, but degrade the consistency within the program. This place it works like this, that place it works like that, you see.
I get it now and understand why you would need a search there. We never use AS but that doesn’t mean other are the same as us so I am sorry if I came off rude, wasn’t my intetions, just feel Avid really NEED to catch up to the other DAW’s and fast as not only are they loosing customers on these new policies with Subs and double pricing, they are not getting features fast enough and when they finally get some long awaited things in there the rest of the DAW world has moved along and made even bigger leaps so thats why I said what i said and that was unfair to users like you who need the function and use lots of AS.

Hope you take the appology and I am totally with you that it is needed and a pretty minor thing to implement.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-10-2019, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Hope you take the appology and I am totally with you that it is needed and a pretty minor thing to implement.
No problem, Christopher! No offense taken! :)
Old 12-10-2019, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Plugin search is one of the best features in recent years in my humble opinion. A real time saver in the ever increasing world of plugins!

I don't use Audio Suite much but I bet a similar search would be great for those who do.

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 12-10-2019, 02:05 AM

Quote:
No problem, Christopher! No offense taken! :)
I was too quick to comment and as you know we are all a bit frustrated with Avid and PT and we all want PT to be what it Can be and thats why emotions sometimes run a bit high and thats wrong of me as I can only speak for myself.

Thank you for understanding and you are right!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-10-2019, 02:07 AM

Quote:
No it doesn’t excist in AS but who cares, there aren’t many plugins there so a search for that section seem a bit waste of resources
Eh? All my plugs turn up in AudioSuite. Currently my available choices in EQ alone have arrow bars at the top and bottom of the menu. I use them a bazillion times a day in post.

So there are indeed lots and lots - I shudder to think how many for me really. A search function there would be extremely useful. As for coding time, you'd have thought all the hard work was done there as its fully functional on a channel strip. I know I know, we non-coders don't understand the complexities, but fact remains I'd find search very useful in AudioSuite, and I suspect many others would too.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 12-10-2019, 03:00 AM

I'm with you. The absence is an oversight. Hands down, plugin search is one of the best features PT has and the implementation (for inserts) is excellent. I love that you don't even need to select the search option in the insert menu. Just begin typing the first letters of the plugin you're looking for.