Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2008, 01:59 PM

Default Quicktime import aspect ratio wrong, help!

I'm using my protools le 003 rack and just imported hd video into the session. the original aspect size is 1440 x 1080. When I import the quicktime .mov into a protools session the video gets squeezed and it's not a widescreen anymore. How can I get protools to import the exact ratio of this .mov? it plays perfectly with the quicktime player.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Quicktime import aspect ratio wrong, help!

This is just a guess... but is it maybe anamorphic? With the movie open in Quicktime player, do a "Get Info" (command-I) and check the "Normal Size" vs. "Current Size" at the bottom of the info window that pops up. Those should match, if not it's using an anamorphic aspect ratio, and you'll have to export it/copy the movie with a fixed aspect ratio in order to fix that.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:28 PM

hmmm i'm not sure what you mean by anamorphic. There is only one resolution size which is 1440 x 1080 when you get the info on it. I would think protools would be advanced enough to be able to import any size?
Old 10-24-2008, 09:59 AM
Avid

If you open the video in Quicktime and go to Window>Show Movie Inspector - what does it show for Format and FPS?