Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)

Old 12-07-2010, 08:14 PM

Default Pro Tools SE Avid Vocal Studio Error Message

After restarting my computer to complete the Pro Tools installation, When I clicked on the Pro Tools SE application,while its uploading plugins an error message pops-up saying "Access Violation occurred;unable to read location:0x0B,685,A4F at address:0X00,925,74D in module:MSVCR80.dll" and need to use window task manager to exit out.

I have tried un-installing and re-installing the program, creating a new log in (non-administrative account) and downloading it there, downloading M-Audio Producer Drive from the M-Audio website and lastly entering into safe mode and downloading it there but, in all attempts the same error message pops up..I have no idea what it means or what to do

My computer system is: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3

Please Help!..Thank You!
Old 12-10-2010, 08:28 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools SE Avid Vocal Studio Error Message

Welcome Yuli1!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

Have you tried installing using an Administrator account?

It sounds like Pro Tools is being prevented from accessing an "administrator-protected" part of your computer.