Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2017, 02:21 AM

Default Eleven Rack Knob Mulfunction

I'm having problems with my Eleven Rack Hardware. With the six light up knobs below the interface screen, the 5th knob from the Left, next Under SW2 switch is mulfunctioning. The values won't go from 0-10 anymore and if I turn it to 10 the values slowly back pedal to around 5. When I turn the knobs to the left and right of this one the value on this knob also changes. It seems to have a bad circut connection on the pot. Even with knob settings on latch and using the program to change the value It seems to eventually jump back to where the knob is physically at, and if the physical knob is above 5 the value will go to somewhere around 5. It's making my Eleven Rack not very usable for a lot of the settings. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
Old 05-20-2017, 05:42 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Knob Mulfunction

Okay I cleaned everything with condensed air, and looked at the solder joints of the knobs on the back. They look like they are getting old/ corroded some. Maybe from the humid environment I live in. But it slipped my mind that if I use the SW1 switch to switch the main screen while playing I can switch it to a screen that doesn't use the knobs (like the main Present name screen) and then use the Editor on my comp to change the settings without the faulty knob screwing it up. So from now on I will probably have to do all set up with the Editor and comp and leave the Eleven Rack just on the main screen.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:41 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Knob Mulfunction

My Eleven Rack is faulty too, as you described. They only way to stop it becoming an expensive door stop is to hit the SW1 switch to change the display to the larger one. That way the knob values wont change by themselves. You have to use the editor (PC) to change your settings. Also you can change the knob settings to 'Latch' to stop them from changing values intermittently.

What are the last two digits of your serial number? Mine is 9H (I think these units were problematic?).

I live in Australia and tried emailing Technical Workshops Pty Ltd (Avid repairer) with my symptoms but they do not reply. I am guessing that the repair would be expensive. I think the main board is faulty and has something to do with the clock circuit / timing.

Last edited by VoxNumana; 07-15-2017 at 12:03 AM.