Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-20-2010, 05:33 AM

Default Error: "Problem detected with audio clock. Check that your clock source and sample...

I bought a Mbox 2 yesterday, with Pro Tools LE 8.0.3. I followed every step correctly, and installed both the Beta (for Windows 7) and the 8.0.3cs1 update. I have not installed any other plug-ins but those who are included in the installation of Pro Tools 8.0.3. I did follow the instructions for installation with Windows 7 provided by Digidesign.com.

But still the same error occures: "Problem detected with audio clock. Check that your clock source and sample rate are correct."

This appear whenever I either press the "PLAY" button, or simply try to record a instrument. I have of course tried to change both Clock and Sample rate, but this does not help. And yes, it is set to Iternal. I have also tried to run it through only one precessor, as this seems to help for some of you, but not me. And I do not save my recordings on the same disk drive as where I keep my system installation.

So... I'm kind of lost here. I really need your help guys.

Regards

EDIT: Windows 7 (32-bit)
Old 03-20-2010, 06:41 AM

Default Re: Error: "Problem detected with audio clock. Check that your clock source and sampl

Note: To enable other users to help you, please include all of your system details when posting an issue to the DUC; Pro Tools hardware, Pro Tools software version, CPU, OS version, Motherboard make/model, chipset, amount of RAM, type of hard drives used, etc.

- Please - Use SiSoftware's Sandra Lite application to generate a full system profile:

www.sisoftware.co.uk

Under SiSoftware Sandra, click on "Download & Buy" to download the free Sandra Lite version or purchase other versions. After installing Sandra, click on the 'Hardware' tab and run the 'Computer Overview', then copy and paste into your post here on the DUC.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Error: "Problem detected with audio clock. Check that your clock source and sampl

Quote:
Originally Posted by uller View Post
Note: To enable other users to help you, please include all of your system details when posting an issue to the DUC; Pro Tools hardware, Pro Tools software version, CPU, OS version, Motherboard make/model, chipset, amount of RAM, type of hard drives used, etc.

- Please - Use SiSoftware's Sandra Lite application to generate a full system profile:

www.sisoftware.co.uk

Under SiSoftware Sandra, click on "Download & Buy" to download the free Sandra Lite version or purchase other versions. After installing Sandra, click on the 'Hardware' tab and run the 'Computer Overview', then copy and paste into your post here on the DUC.
I am using a Mbox 2 with Pro Tools 8.0.3cs1

SiSoftware Sandra's Computer Overview:

SiSoftware Sandra

Computer
Model : Packard Bell EasyNote TR83
Workgroup : WORKGROUP
Host Name : Mathias-PC
User : Mathias

Processor
Model : AMD Turion(tm) X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-74
Speed : 2.2GHz
Cores per Processor : 2 Unit(s)
Threads per Core : 1 Unit(s)
Type : MP Upgrade, Dual-Core
Integrated Data Cache : 2x 64kB, Synchronous, Write-Back, 2-way, Exclusive, 64 byte line size
L2 On-board Cache : 2x 512kB, ECC, Synchronous, Write-Back, 16-way, Exclusive, 64 byte line size

Computer
Mainboard : Packard Bell SJM50PU
BIOS : Phoenix Technologies LTD V1.03 03/24/2009
Bus(es) : X-Bus PCI PCIe IMB USB i2c/SMBus
Multi-Processor (MP) Support : No
Multi-Processor Advanced PIC (APIC) : Yes
Total Memory : 3.13GB DIMM Registered DDR2

Chipset
Model : Acer RS780 Host Bridge
Front Side Bus Speed : 2x 1.8GHz (3.6GHz)
Memory Bus Speed : 2x 100MHz (200MHz)

Chipset
Model : AMD F11h Athlon 64/Turion/Sempron HT Hub
Front Side Bus Speed : 2x 1.8GHz (3.6GHz)
Total Memory : 4GB DIMM Registered DDR2
Memory Bus Speed : 2x 333MHz (666MHz)

Memory Module(s)
Memory Module : Elpida EBE21UE8ACUA-6E-E 2GB DDR2 SO-DIMM PC2-5300U DDR2-666 (5-5-5-15 3-20-5-3)
Memory Module : Elpida EBE21UE8ACUA-6E-E 2GB DDR2 SO-DIMM PC2-5300U DDR2-666 (5-5-5-15 3-20-5-3)

Video System
Video Adapter : ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 (SM4.1, 512MB, PCIe 2.00 x16)

Graphics Processor
Adapter : ATI Radeon HD 4500 (RV710) ()

Storage Devices
Hitachi HTS545050B9A300 (500.1GB, SATA300, 2.5", 5400rpm, NCQ, 7MB Cache) : 466GB (C:) (E:)
MAT[bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ADVD-RAM UJ867AS (SATA150, DVD+-RW, CD-RW, 2MB Cache) : 2kB (D:)

Logical Storage Devices
OS (C:) : 417GB (NTFS) @ Hitachi HTS545050B9A300 (500.1GB, SATA300, 2.5", 5400rpm, NCQ, 7MB Cache)
New Volume (E:) : 39GB (NTFS) @ Hitachi HTS545050B9A300 (500.1GB, SATA300, 2.5", 5400rpm, NCQ, 7MB Cache)
PQSERVICE : 10GB (FAT32)
Optical Drive (D:) : 4GB (UDF) @ MAT[bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ADVD-RAM UJ867AS (SATA150, DVD+-RW, CD-RW, 2MB Cache)

Peripherals
LPC Hub Controller 1 : Acer IXP SB600 SMBUS Controller
LPC Hub Controller 2 : Acer SB700 LPC host controller
LPC Legacy Controller 1 : T0 FC-11h
Audio Device : Acer IXP SB600 High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Codec : VIA 1398h
Audio Codec : Conexant 2C06h
Audio Device : Acer RV730XT Audio device [Radeon HD 4670]
Audio Codec : ATI (AMD) AA01h
Disk Controller : Acer SB700 SATA Controller [AHCI mode]
USB Controller 1 : Acer SB700 USB OHCI0 Controller
USB Controller 2 : Acer SB700 USB OHCI1 Controller
USB Controller 3 : Acer SB700 USB EHCI Controller
USB Controller 4 : Acer SB700 USB OHCI0 Controller
USB Controller 5 : Acer SB700 USB EHCI Controller
SMBus/i2c Controller 1 : ATI SB600 SMBus
SMBus/i2c Controller 2 : ATI AFS SMBus

Printers and Faxes
Printer : Microsoft XPS Document Writer (600x600, Colour)
Fax : Microsoft Shared Fax Driver (200x200)

Network Services
Network Adapter : Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet
Wireless Adapter 1 : Atheros AR5B91 Wireless Network Adapter (802.11g (ERP), TKIP, 54Mbps)

Power Management
Mains (AC) Line Status : On-Line
Battery No 1 : 100%

Operating System
Windows System : Microsoft Windows 7 Home 6.01.7600
Platform Compliance : x86

Windows Experience Index
Current System : 4.2
Old 03-20-2010, 02:09 PM

Turion processors are warned against by Digi (unsupported). Is the AMD Dual Core Optimizer running on startup? This can cause your error. If so you might try installing the MS Windows Dual Core Hotfix.

Also, your report doesn't show a secondary audio drive... and the hard drive present is too slow at 5200rpm.
Likely not related but you'll want to disable your wireless adapter when using PTLE as well.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS40 View Post
Turion processors are warned against by Digi (unsupported). Is the AMD Dual Core Optimizer running on startup? This can cause your error. If so you might try installing the MS Windows Dual Core Hotfix.

Also, your report doesn't show a secondary audio drive... and the hard drive present is too slow at 5200rpm.
Likely not related but you'll want to disable your wireless adapter when using PTLE as well.

I did as you told me - installed the Dual Core Hotfix, and followed the instructions.

But how do I create a sexondary audio drive? Sorry, but what do you mean by that? I'm saving my recordings to "New Volume (E:)" - but that's not what you mean? Then how do I create a secondary audio drive? And how do I speed up my hard drive present at 5200rpm?

EDIT: If I change to Windows XP - will this solve my problem?
Old 03-21-2010, 09:47 AM

you need to buy a secondary harddrive that has digi aproved spec.
you can not make the drive u have "go faster"
Xp is still overall the better platform for protools ..it migt do the trick, but u will still need that secondary harddrive
Old 03-21-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
you need to buy a secondary harddrive that has digi aproved spec.
you can not make the drive u have "go faster"
Xp is still overall the better platform for protools ..it migt do the trick, but u will still need that secondary harddrive
Ok, thank you. I need that drive as a place to save my recordings? Could you link me the requirements for a such drive please?

thanks
Old 03-21-2010, 02:05 PM

“Pro Tools supports recording and playback to a secondary drive that meets the following requirements:
7200 rpm or faster
9ms seek time or faster
Firewire drives must have the Oxford 911 (FW400 port), Oxford 912 (FW400 & FW800 ports) or Oxford 924 (FW800 ports) Bridge chip. USB drives are not supported and are known to be problematic.”

But it´s important that you understand that amd turion are not supported… so all bets are of regarding if it will solve you problem.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
“Pro Tools supports recording and playback to a secondary drive that meets the following requirements:
7200 rpm or faster
9ms seek time or faster
Firewire drives must have the Oxford 911 (FW400 port), Oxford 912 (FW400 & FW800 ports) or Oxford 924 (FW800 ports) Bridge chip. USB drives are not supported and are known to be problematic.”

But it´s important that you understand that amd turion are not supported… so all bets are of regarding if it will solve you problem.
Yeah.. I see :/ so, even if I get an audiodrive, and install windows XP, I still might not be able to run Pro Tools? Well.. hurray..

thanks a lot though :)
Old 03-24-2010, 02:47 AM

Yeah, I'll return my Mbox 2 tomorrow. Going to give them a call, I say that I have no use for it, since I'm having a AMD Turion processor.