Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 08-31-2013, 12:47 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: "Customer Service"? Unbelievable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBlues View Post
Sorry, I'm new to Mac computers, so you might need to help me through this!

I have a folder named 'Macintosh HD'. In that folder is a 'Library' folder, then Application Support'. Inside Application Support there is a 'Digidesign" folder, but nothing called 'Avid', nor nothing I can see called Pixie.

I assume I can create these, but not sure what to do then? I am getting that I need to "uninstall" the Avid app (Windows speak), but I'm not sure how to do that.

Again, new to Macs...
Try creating this folder:
Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/

Inside that folder, create this folder:
Pixie
So that you end up with this:
Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/Pixie

Both the Avid folder and the Pixie folder should have Read & Write permissions when you do a "Get Info" on the folder. Under "Sharing & Permissions" at the bottom of the Get Info window.

It's possible that since you don't have Pro Tools installed, there is no Avid folder in Application Support.

I also have on my Mac the following folder:
Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/AvidElevenRack

Again with Read & Write permissions on that AvidElevenRack folder.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:58 PM

Default Re: "Customer Service"? Unbelievable... (EXRP Activation Failed)

Correct, I do not have Pro Tools.

Okay, files created, all permissions enabled. Now that I have the files, what next?
Old 08-31-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Correct, I do not have Pro Tools.

Okay, files created, all permissions enabled. Now that I have the files, what next?
Edit: lets make this easy, here is the KB article you need. Just follow the directions. http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:6KSE0qXj61EJ:avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Error_Message/en422359+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I regret linking to that Sweetwater article, they did have the right AvidElevenRack folder name but the zip download part there is just silly.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:20 PM

Failed again.

I wonder if I'm missing something. The current Avid firmware on my Mac is 1.00.3 (software is 1.1.1). I'm trying to update this to what the Avid site says is firmware v2.0.1.

But, is there an intermediate step I should take in this update process? Is there a link/download that first updates to an slightly higher firmware version, THEN the Expansion Pack firmware (2.0.1) is applied?

Absent all this, is there a way to completely start over? Meaning, can I completely uninstall everything from Avid currently on this Mac and start from step 1? If yes, is this possible when Avid is down for maintenance?
Old 08-31-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Failed again.

I wonder if I'm missing something. The current Avid firmware on my Mac is 1.00.3 (software is 1.1.1). I'm trying to update this to what the Avid site says is firmware v2.0.1.

But, is there an intermediate step I should take in this update process? Is there a link/download that first updates to an slightly higher firmware version, THEN the Expansion Pack firmware (2.0.1) is applied?

Absent all this, is there a way to completely start over? Meaning, can I completely uninstall everything from Avid currently on this Mac and start from step 1? If yes, is this possible when Avid is down for maintenance?
What failed again? And after doing exactly what? Did you follow the exact instruction in the KB article I provided above? Or the previous ones (which had the wrong folder name).
Old 08-31-2013, 01:31 PM

Stop the press, the Sweetwater article worked! Updating now as I type.

Whew!

Many thanks to you all!
Old 08-31-2013, 01:37 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:

Whew!

Many thanks to you all!
Great! I suspect the reason that I have the Pixie folder in my Avid folder and not in my AvidElevenRack folder is because I have Pro Tools 11 installed. That folder may have been originally in the AvidElevenRack folder when I installed the ERXP upgrade a couple of years ago. And may have been moved to the Avid folder in Application Support (where it now is on my system) when I upgraded to Pro Tools 11.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:38 PM

Good to hear this got sorted out.

Just for anyone reading this, it does not matter what kind of computer you use to update the 11R's firmware. If it was working fine on your PC, you could have just used that computer, once the 11R is updated you never have to do it again - barring manual overwriting whether intentional or accidental.

Just keep this in mind for the future, ASK before installing something you are not certain of.

Good luck

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 08-31-2013, 01:45 PM

Post Re: "Customer Service"? Unbelievable... (EXRP Activation Failed)

Quote:

Whew!

Many thanks to you all!
Great to hear that you are up and running.

When our system comes back online I will make sure to update our KB article (which I believe was the source for that Sweetwater article) to clarify the process.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:48 PM

Default Re: "Customer Service"? Unbelievable... (ERXP Activation Failed)

First, yes, the correct file is AvidElevenRack, that's what did the trick.

Regarding the updates, indeed, this entire process was kicked off by MY errors. Because I was having connection issues with my Mac, I incorrectly "assumed" it was a firmware issue. This caused my to update to the wrong version, thus the cascade where everything needed to be re-installed.

My original post however related to the information I received when calling Avid - the "support" that said I needed to pay $39.99 to activate software I already owned. While Avid has subsequently fixed this issue, had I not posted on the Forum and had members here not contacted Avid on my behalf, I would be left hanging.

So, thank you to the member here and to Avid's quick reply, but I am wondering if there may be others, not part of this community, who have incorrectly been charged and paid for service.