Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2015, 12:52 PM

Default When it rains.....it pours! Please help!

This is a long one, and I am truly about ready to give up. I have a copy of PT7, PT8, and PTExpress. I used 8 for the longest time, and never had any issues. I decided I needed a new machine, so I bought a Mac Mini 2.6Ghz (https://www.apple.com/mac-mini/specs/) - In the meantime, I had a Macbook Pro as well. I decided to install Express on it to get used to what it looked like, but as you all know, Express will not run on Yosemite.

So, I decided I would pay for the upgrade to 11, and I wanted a dedicated computer that would run Pro Tools 11, and that'd be it's only function in the studio. Shopping around and looking at Avid's website, led me to find the Mac Mini, which after reading these forums, I now find that the "fusion drive" makes it difficult to even run PT11.

So, aside from that, before I bought the Mac Mini, I went ahead and payed for the upgrade to 11. This was about a week ago, the upgrade is $199. It states $199 in Avid's store, and I can still buy it via Sweetwater for $199. So, I click "buy now".....fill out the information and click "Submit" - I get an error that says "We're sorry, but your order cannot be processed at this time"

So I wait about 30 minutes, and try again "We're sorry, but your order cannot be processed at this time" - At this point, I assume AVID must be having some issues. I wait approximately 30 more minutes, and try again....

"Your card has been declined" - WHAT?

So I immediately call my Mastercard, and it turns out I have now been charged 3 times for the software. Yet, I have received NO download link.

So I immediately send Avid an email through their website support.....they quickly right back and ask for information like "browser, OS, etc" - I supply the information, and haven't heard from them since. I asked for an update the other day and they responded quickly by saying "what cases are you talking about?" - Gee thanks Avid.

So in short, I have purchased 3 copies of PT11, I have no PT11 at all, and I can't get AVID to tell me anything. The only thing I will say is that the charges are "pending" on the credit card, but it baffles me how a company can't even sort this out.

Next, my question becomes this - I have PT Express, it has never been installed because I have Yosemite on my Macbook Pro. When the purchase for 11 finally goes through, how do I upgrade a product that isn't on a brand new machine??

Furthermore, can you all please advise me on which APPLE computer I should now purchase?

Thank you.