Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 07-25-2020, 10:59 AM

Default Patch Name File only loads 1 set - Bank Selector disabled

When I select and load a midnam file containing 512 patches from an external sound module, the first bank of 128 patches appear but the Bank Select option is disabled. I can load each of the four sets separately but when I change the Patch Name file on another track using the same module with a different channel assigned, the previous tracks change also. I know I've overlooked something and would appreciate being pointed in the right direction. Everything I’ve read so far says it should be a Go. What am I missing?

I am using Pro Tools 2018.7 on Mac OS X 13.6. The patches were collected from the module using SysEx Librarian 1.4, imported into MIDI Quest Pro 12 which displayed all 4 banks and created the midnam files sent to Pro Tools. The interface is MOTU’s Midid Express XT.

Thanks for your time.