Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2011, 02:36 PM

Default Problem with updating ilok driver on 9.05

Hey guys,

So I just installed PT 9.0 and the 9.05 update. Tested after the 9.0 install, all good...but after the 9.05 update it couldn't find my 003 rack. So I went to update the 003 drivers (I thought I had the latest ones on my comp, but wasn't so).

After the reboot I get a message saying I have to update interlok device drivers, so I go to paceap.com and download the latest drivers. But when I try to install I get a 1706 error - No valid source (can't find License Support.msi in a temp folder) followed by a 1603 error - Fatal error during installation.

So now PT tells me to update these drivers, and won't start.

I'm on Win 7 64 Ultimate, running a i7 920.

Any ideas ?
Old 09-03-2011, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Problem with updating ilok driver on 9.05

Try, uninstalling Pro Tools and iLok Pace drivers, reboot as required, disconnect the 003R, run Pro Tools 9 full installer, reboot as required, run Pro Tools 9.0.5 Updater, click yes on the forced reboot, install the latest 003R driver, reboot and launch Pro Tools.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:08 PM

I've always had most success uninstalling PT using the Uninstall app that comes with the installer. Also running a registry cleaner after uninstall is a good idea too. I've seen others having difficulty re-installing PT after an uninstall because remnants from the last install are sometimes left behind and can interfere with a re-install. Also disable Anti Virus program while installing PT.

Don't forget to turn computer and 003 OFF before disconnecting firewire cable. Hotswapping firewire cable is not recommended.

To be sure you have the latest 003 drivers did you get them from here?

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...3=1450&Hilite=

Also, once you have everything up & running, I've found that my system seems to work better when I turn 003 on first then bootup computer and when finished shutdown computer then turn 003 off.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 09-03-2011, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
Try, uninstalling Pro Tools and iLok Pace drivers, reboot as required, disconnect the 003R, run Pro Tools 9 full installer, reboot as required, run Pro Tools 9.0.5 Updater, click yes on the forced reboot, install the latest 003R driver, reboot and launch Pro Tools.
So I shouldn't uninstall the 003R driver before starting this process? And uninstalling pace drivers would be from control panel > programs and features ?

What about installing the latest pace drivers ? After the 9.05 update it required me to do that...

Will there be a difference in getting the 9.02 full install instead of the 9.00 that I currently have ? (thinking of the pace drivers)

I'll get CcCleaner to make sure everything is good after the uninstall, and yes zedhed, that's where I got my 003R drivers from
Old 09-04-2011, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammasta View Post
What about installing the latest pace drivers?
Pro Tools 9.0.5 installs the latest License Support and PACE Driver.
Quote:
After the 9.05 update it required me to do that...
No, Pro Tools should launch with out problem.
Quote:
Will there be a difference in getting the 9.02 full install instead of the 9.00 that I currently have?
No, you can use the latest full installer available with the latest Updater if the Updater works for you.

And yes uninstall the 003R Driver if Pro Tools does not do the by default. And PACE can be uninstalled from Programs and Features.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
Pro Tools 9.0.5 installs the latest License Support and PACE Driver.

No, Pro Tools should launch with out problem.

No, you can use the latest full installer available with the latest Updater if the Updater works for you.

And yes uninstall the 003R Driver if Pro Tools does not do the by default. And PACE can be uninstalled from Programs and Features.
Thanks, I'll try that then ! I'm gonna uninstall everything, download the full 9.02 install and start from there. And no 003R drivers until after I've installed 9.02 and 9.05 update then!

Kinda weird that it tells me to update my pace drivers if 9.05 should have the latest ones though....
Old 09-04-2011, 04:30 AM

Ok, so I finally got it working !

What I did was uninstall everything. 003R Drivers, PT 9.05 all Avid stuff and Interlok drivers + license support.

Unplugged my 003, ran full PT 9.02 install with reboot, straight to PT 9.05 update, reboot, then the 003R Drivers and reboot. Got the same 'update the pace drivers error' when I first tried to start PT.

Then what I did was I uninstalled the 'License Support' from Control Panel > Programs and Features and then ran the latest pace driver I had downloaded and it finally installed correctly. So I guess the error from before was that it couldn't really update the drivers, they had to be removed and then freshly installed !

Now to test the latest UAD v6 drivers on my Quad to see if the full PT integration finally works, haven't been able to use it much since I bought it in April !! *excited*
Old 09-04-2011, 02:49 PM

Hmmm... good o you have Pro Tools operational. Uninstalling License Support and running the latest PACE Driver from iLok.com is a weird issue because Pro Tools 9.0.5 Updater actually uninstalls and installs the required License Support and PACE that's why Pro Tools reboots just after running the updater. I have a clone that does not have any License Support application nor PACE Driver present and after running Pro Tools 9.0.5 Pro Tools launches as expected. Odd.