Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2002, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Anyone else hoping for new look for PT6?

Change is good.......
Old 09-07-2002, 05:44 PM

A new design doesn't have to mean Candyland colors and cheesy drop shadows- but a little updating for functionality and visibility is in order. I don't care about being bored by an interface, I do care about being confused.

Boldface type or a different background for the track names in the edit window would help the presbyopics among us but would hardly qualify as distracting eye candy. The way it looks now I sometimes think I have 30 tracks named "volume".

The ability to put a little custom color on the mixer faders - just a shade or an outline so I know which direction to scroll to see the drums.

I don't want a "new look" but a few interface improvements could be made that would make some people very happy yet probably not annoy the rest very much at all.
Old 09-08-2002, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mesh:
Agreed Jules, thats the main reason Ieft logic (even for midi) I just hated the way it looks.

A bit of Aqua could be nice.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes! But not too much! If I had a little free time before the development deadline, I'd still think about how to improve the more useful features than to waste the precious time to make the GUI fancy!
Look at the BMWs! Their design is very simple yet more useful than most of the other fancy cars! In the interior there are less buttons and switches, but every little thing is very logically and psychologically placed to the smallest details!
So I'd say, if they can do any improvements which serves the purpose of usefulness thus an even better "driving pleasure" when you are in the "driving seat” of Pro Tools, than just do it!
[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Pro-Tools 10.3.10 HD 2 Accel PCIe
OSX 10.10.3
Old 09-08-2002, 12:44 AM

Don't judge a book by it's cover. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Please no. don't touch that thing.
Or in the best case. Make it user skinable like someone stated above.
So that those Armani glamour boys are kept quiet.

btw, my Gibson Les paul is still black after 25 years.My Powerbook is still black, My wife blonde, My dog brown.....
[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]