Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2009, 08:39 AM

Default Pro tools freezes when trying to playback a session Please Help!!!!!

Hi I am hoping someone can help me for some reason when I start up pro tools and open a session (any session) and try to play it. It freezes and I have to restart my computer. Once I restart it it still does the samething. I am using a mbox 2 with 7.1 version. I have unistalled and reinstalled pro tools and it still does the samething. can anyone help me please I am loosing money as well as production time please help. I have emailed tech support and they haven't answered yet please help!!!!
Old 02-14-2009, 09:09 AM

Default Re: Need Help!!!!!! Please someone anyone!!!!

Start here and please post a Sandra report. We need to know about your system.

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=193637

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=133039

And, have ALL of your plugins been properly updated?

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 02-14-2009, 09:10 AM

i won't be the one to be able to help you but i guarantee the experts will need a sandra report. this will give someone the necessary info to make an anlaysis.

check it out
http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=193637
Old 02-14-2009, 11:31 AM

Ok I apologize for that I am running win xp home edition ver 2002 serv pk 3
on a dell dimension de051, intel, celeron cpu 2.66hz, 1.50 gb of ram. I am using waves, vst, and all plug ins are working properly. I have an external hard drive connected in which I am using for pro tools and all audio 856 gb. Again i have tried everything that I have read on the site and hasn't helped such as clearing preferences, unistalling and reinstalling. and when I tried to cs updates it downloaded but gave me the blue screen of death I restarted and everything went back to normal don't know what caused pro tools to do this could it be a virus on my system to cause this and no I don't run the internet with pro tools I have setup a different log on account for pro tools alone, or could it be my mbox 2?
Old 02-14-2009, 11:40 AM

Please read through the links that have been given you. You are still not providing the type of information requested there. Also, what suggestions from the General Troubleshooting thread have you tried?
Updated the PACE drivers, etc. etc.? Any error messages?

Using the Tech Support Folder download, you can generate a complete plug-in list to help verify that all your plugs are in fact compatible with your version of PT. There may be issues you are unaware of.

I can tell you right off that your Celeron is a problem. It is officially unsupported and UNofficially works very poorly (often not at all) with Pro Tools and Digi hardware. Knowing what chipset it is paired with is equally important... as is your hard drive setup and type, etc..
Numerous details you are not reporting.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Pro tools freezes when trying to playback a session Please Help!!!!!

You may want to check and see in "disk allocation" if you're writing to a different drive, (other than "c" drive) and that record "round robbin" is un-checked. I don't know how but this feature has been turned on a couple of times and my puter craps out instantly.