Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2002, 05:56 PM

Default copying plug in automation

OK...I've got Autotune 3 in RTAS and TDM on a mix 3 system. I have a few tracks with autotune RTAS on them and I have applied mucho automation to multiple parameters on those RTAS instances. If I pull up a TDM version of autotune on the same track...is it possible to move all my RTAS automation over to the TDM plug in? Hopefully in one fell swoop, instead of parameter by parameter.

Any thoughts. If this is an easy fix, and anyone should know the answer...be gentle.

Jason B
Old 08-08-2002, 08:00 PM

Default Re: copying plug in automation

Try this:

With an automation paramter showing in the edit window for the track, highlight the track with the automation you want to copy (triple-click or Select All for the whole track).

Hold Control + Command + C to copy all automated parameters. Now remove the RTAS version and open the TDM plug-in. With the track still highlighted, try Command V to paste these parameters.

You may want to duplicate the track first to experiment with this... I've never done this RTAS to TDM xfer on the same track... but it should work. You'll probably need to enable automation for the TDM plug first. You may also need to put the TDM plug in the same slot, I don't know. Lastly, this method will copy automation for *everything* on that track. So if, say, your volume is automated, you'll just be copying and pasting the same thing over it. Let us know if it works.