Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 08-18-2004, 02:36 PM

Default Help with mixing a Final Cut Pro 23.98fps HD edit

I will be sound sweetening for a film which is being edited on Final Cut Pro HD at 23.98fps. The editor will OMF the audio files along with a Quicktime movie for reference. I have a PT 24 mix plus system. After mixing, I will OMF export my session to a post-house for final HD online editing/mixing. I'd like some advice on session setup and timecode, as I've never mixed a 23.98 fps project before. Should the QT movie be at 23.98fps?

Norb
Old 08-18-2004, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Help with mixing a Final Cut Pro 23.98fps HD e

Check the thread below 24P into PT
Old 08-19-2004, 06:41 AM

yeah, I started the thread on 24p. Please feel free to contact me reguarding this issue. I'm still trying to find info on this. However, I've tried on 29.97 mixes, to do "layback" as an omf for the pic editor, and have not been successful. I've found that the easiest was to bounce down to a stereo track and export (obviously SDII is great for an avid editor) as AIFF for a FCP editor, with a 2pop. This way you have no loss of plugz or automation. Plus, the less work that anyone has to do after it leaves your hands, the less chance for f-ups, and increased chance of repeat biz.
[email protected]
Old 08-19-2004, 07:59 AM

dazmihn,

no doubt a bounced file the way to go!! that's i what i always do, then i know it is right! (unless i screwed up.) giving them an OMF is too messy. anything you can do to make the eidtor's job easier and smooth the workflow, then so much the better for you!
Undertone on Facebook
Undertone Custom Sound Libraries

"Groupable markers would be epochal!"
-Starcrash